Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win XP question

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Sean_K wrote: »
    What if the data is encrypted?
    if you reset the password then you loose access to encrypted ntfs folders

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

if you reset the password then you loose access to encrypted ntfs folders

So would this not be a legitimate reason for using password cracking software to crack your own password?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

Hi,the nt password programme worked a treat for the resetting of passwords but now i cannot install/uninstall any software...says i need administrative rights,there were 2 accounts and i cleared both...any ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Did you try logging in as the administrator? By default resetting the password should't remove the rights of the core account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

layke wrote: »
    Did you try logging in as the administrator? By default resetting the password should't remove the rights of the core account.

There were two accounts on it and i reset both of them,cannot install/uninstall under either,which one would be considered the admin account?Neither of the two accounts mention administrator they are just two usernames...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That sounds strange , but you can rename Administrator to anything you want but it's still the admin account and you can do all the admin stuff with it

If it's XP home then you should be able to logon as administrator in safe mode by doing something like shift-ctrl-alt-del

Advertisement