Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woes of Tralee

Options
  • 21-08-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Just looking at the line up for this years festival, it absolutely atrocious altogether.
    Does anyone know if there is anyone under 60 years of age on the organising committee ?
    No wonder the festival is going down the drain.

I have the up most respect for Sharon Shannon, but come on lads challenge the norms at least a little bit, she has been around for years and how many time has she played at the festival in the past?
    And that's not to mention that she is headlining the festival dome, headlining ? how can that be, as far as i can see she is the only musician playing in the dome all week.

And Richie Kavanagh, he was here [embarrassingly] last year too, it seems to me that thing have come full circle and no the festival is trying to ape the Father Teds ' lovely girls' episode, rather than the other way around !

And as tacky and all as Richie might be, at least he plays his own songs, as far as I can see all the rest of the bands seem to be covers bands ?

I might be mistaken that the objective of the whole effort is to get people into town, as well as to entertain the townsfolk. I can't see many people traveling too far to see the likes of Abbadelicious or Shaun O'Dowd & Hanora, and maybe it too much to ask that the people of Tralee might be interested in seeing an act that doesn't play down in their pub !

end of rant.

Anyone else here have any opinions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Tis a load of ****e alright, especially when you see what we manage in Killarney for the Summerfest.

Screw it though, let's treat it like another drinking holiday. Roll on Saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

does anyone have a link for the full programme of events?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

The rory gallager tribute band should be good,and the stage setup down the square seems to be pretty big.Anything that ever went on down the dome was always a little suspect....
    The festival is what you make of it anyway,get out on the street with some friends and a few cans and have a laugh and it will be fine.If the rain stays away il be happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭edgesgirl

oeb wrote: »
    especially when you see what we manage in Killarney for the Summerfest.

without sounding like a b***H, the summerfest get a big goverment grant, and the outdoor gigs are all ticket affairs. not much free music on the streets?

just sayin, before you eat me....:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

edgesgirl wrote: »
    oeb wrote: »
    especially when you see what we manage in Killarney for the Summerfest.

without sounding like a b***H, the summerfest get a big goverment grant, and the outdoor gigs are all ticket affairs. not much free music on the streets?

just sayin, before you eat me....:cool:

Ohhh I'm not gloating, I'm just pointing out the fact that it's a bit odd the rose don't (can't) go the same route.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭edgesgirl

they did a few years ago. and the woman running it at the time ran it into the ground. the usual, not paying people but making sure she got her own wage. burnt a lot of bridges. thats why so many people gave up on it.

Sorry, i'm not in the right place to be defending the festival, am I?

I'll leave now.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No. I honestly have absolutely no opinion whatseover.

I love the thread title, though!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

.......get out on the street with some friends and a few cans and have a laugh and it will be fine.

You taken the piss, do you think I would be hanging around on bored.e if I had friends !!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

You taken the piss, do you think I would be hanging around on bored.e if I had friends !!

:rolleyes:
    Ha,things cant be that bad!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Dose anyone know where I can get the running order for the pageant its self. A friend of mien is involved and there is know why in hell i'm sitting through the whole thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tyther

In all fairness this has benn one of the best festivals in years.

Advertisement