Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boradband speed increase

Options
  • 21-08-2008 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else notice an increase in their Eircom BB speed. I'm in the Grove and was on the 3mb package but it seems to have jumped to about 6mb!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

These increases were announced by Eircom ages ago. See this mind-bogglingly long thread ... http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055228131

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Only happened for me in the last few weeks! Not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I was on to my broadband supplier last week commenting that my Broadband had slowed up some what. I enquired as to costs for going from a 2Mb to 3Mb to get the contention ratio down to 24:1. They said that once the exchange was upgraded anyone on 2Mb will get 3Mb anyway and anyone on 3Mb will get 6Mb. The step up in the package is an extra €7 a month. Worth it? I think so if you now get 6Mb!!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement