Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Simple Question, need quick reply.

Options
  • 21-08-2008 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

I'm currently on a provisional licence but it's going to run out soon. I'm about to be insured on a new car but with new legislation and all the rest is it still alright for me to go applying for a full licence with my old provisional or are there any extra things I might have to do?
    I'm going out the door at this moment so sorry if this is covered in the charter. I need to know very soon. Will check back when I can.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Thanks for the reply. The issue now seems to be more that my current provisional will run out in about two weeks. I'm not going to get my test by then. That means having to reapply and be tested again for the learners before being able to apply for the full, doesn't it?
    It's very poor timing.

I didn't say I wasn't to blame! No need to whip out the smug smily.
    It's my first provisional so that's alright, thanks for the replies you've been a good help.

• Advertisement

Well then, iron away! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Sandor wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. The issue now seems to be more that my current provisional will run out in about two weeks. I'm not going to get my test by then. That means having to reapply and be tested again for the learners before being able to apply for the full, doesn't it?
    It's very poor timing.

You think that's poor timing? I was trying to get a cancellation date for my test but eventually settled on a date in June because of college exams. My licence expired on 6th June my test was the 7th and I couldn't get another date. I hadn't renewed it earlier because I thought I'd get a test date before it expired. Oh, and I passed on the 7th so I effectively renewed my licence for one day! It was worth it though!

Advertisement