Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real World Player Form

Options
  • 21-08-2008 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Fifa 09 is going to offer dynamically updating player form with the form of players being updated weekly....

Pro Evo had better follow suit... great idea!

LINK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

that is a great addition to FIFA. PES09 won't offer anything remotely similar. They can't. They don't have the rights to official say the majority of the players in the game are their real life counter-parts. Also, it is way beyond the ability or thoughfullness of the PES crew to deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

What is the problem with the licenses that Konami can't get? Is it just down to money or exclusitivity or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Good idea, as in good marketing gimmic, will probably make little difference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

NotWormBoy wrote: »
    What is the problem with the licenses that Konami can't get? Is it just down to money or exclusitivity or what?

both.

EA have paid a lot of money for the FIFA license and they have it locked down for the foreseeable future.

Also, Konami seem a little lazy or unenthusiastic when it comes to getting the licenses. Over the last few years they have lost both the german and Spanish league licenses to EA. EA getting licenses ahead of them in the first place I can live with, but to lose onees they actually had to EA is shameful imo.

I will say that no one really knows what is going to happen with the spanish teams. The people who playtested the game have said the actual spanish sides will be present and correct, but that the league will be called something unofficial. Don't know how true that is though - as the announcement of EA getting the Spanish License came after the playtests had been completed so things might have changed officially in the intervening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭BazMcG

This feature will work well if they do it properly, can see it being a load of bollo if they just give a half arsed attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

It would be awesome if they took it one step further and if a player was injured in real life the same would be true for the game! Ok maybe thats a little daft but the continuously updated stats is brilliant and will make team selection when playing against friends that bit more exciting as a knowledge of whats going on in the real world would be a big advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i dont think its too daft for injuries to apply

but imagine last season like with newcastle i'd have had to play without owen most of the season
    also newcastle are cursed with injuries so it would be a nightmare playing with them

damn my support club to hell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

ya but i don't see it workin. Say ronaldo or whoever it is on the front gets a bad injury, there's no way his pr people had have him effectively taken out of the game. it's just one of those sticky areas, like car damage in gran turismo.

Advertisement