Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theres a New Community Radio? Have you heard it?

Options
  • 21-08-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭

i'll try not to make this post sound like just a plug!!
    Theres a new community radio that has just been set up for Kilkenny, called Radio Kilkenny(imaginative eh?) and i was wondering if anybody had heard it. Its on 104.3FM AFAIK, its operating on a temporary license from the BCI. i dont think its supposed to be in competition with KCLR.

After the old Radio Kilkenny lost its license, KCLR was set up as a new radio station and i guess people were missing the community aspect of the old radio KK -as many communties eg GAA and parishes were shareholders in it.
    I've heard that they are looking for people to talk on it, people with opinions and interests, they are based on Hebron Road somewhere.
    Has anyone heard it/ heard about it?

Have you heard/heard about the new Radio Kilkenny? 8 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    50% 4 votes
    Eh?
    50% 4 votes
    Atari Jaguar ftw!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I know of its existence but I haven't tuned in nor will I. T'isn't anything against Radio Kilkenny in particular by the way. I just don't like local radio. But I wish them well yadda yadda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

It's not really new. It's the 'old' Radio Kilkenny back under a different license.

KCLR won the "commercial" license to cover Carlow/Kilkenny, so they can make profit for their shareholders.

Under a BCI community license, you make money to keep the station on air. They cannot sell advertising but have to look for sponsors for programmes. So all money raised will go towards the running of the station and not paid out to shareholders.

Radio Kilkenny is run by KCCCLR (or something like that) which is owned by hundreds of shareholders around the county, mostly regular Joe Soaps and a few businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

yeh, its not really commercail enough for me.. i turn it on so i can laugh at it.. boost their ratings..
    well, really its not aimed at my ages group, im in the 15-35 age group, not the OAP age group!!!!

Advertisement