Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joan Rivers Vicar St.

Options
  • 21-08-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

:mad::mad: Just wondering if any one else has bought tickets for the Joan Rivers show on the Sept.15th and is feeling SERIOUSLY ripped off with their second show on the same night scam? € 65 each and we have to be in and out before 9pm. How can they get away with this? I want a refund!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

did you not know that was the case before you bought the tickets? even if you didn't, I don't really think you have a case tbh, you're still getting what you paid for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 smurph11

It wasn't the case when I bought the tickets. They added the extra show after the first date sold out (it was the first date that I bought tickets for, there was no mention that it would be an early show), and then advertised it as an extra date added.

And I don't think I'm getting what I paid for. Instead of being able to take my time over a few drinks with mates, we will be rushing to get to the early show and then as soon as it's over shoved out the door. We'll be out in the cold by 8.30pm after forking out € 280 for an evenings entertainment. It's hardly good value, I think we're so used to being ripped off we allow this sh*t to go on but this is taking it to new levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Sell them on eBay for face value ?

Don't really want to be passing the Rip Off on to someone else, I mean you'd spend longer in the cinema for a tenth of the price.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Id only see it as an issue if JR is going to be spending less time on stage than she would have otherwise done. If the showtime is the same length then I reckon you get what you paid for, technically at least. Shes probably such a veteran that two shows back to back like this is no biggie, the quality of her performance shouldnt suffer. Posh restaurants do this kind of thing all the time, its the fact that its a performance that makes it unusual.

But if they are shortening the length of the show, or if its rushed, then yes, Id be peeved too, and would complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

smurph11 wrote: »
    Instead of being able to take my time over a few drinks with mates, we will be rushing to get to the early show and then as soon as it's over shoved out the door.

Any show I've ever been at Vicar Street you leave the main venue when the event is over. Regardless of a second show or not you'd have to leave the main venue where you can then drink in the public bar at the front if that is your wishes. In your case this will remain exactly the same, second show or no second show. Anyone can drink in the front bar at Vicar Street.
    And I don't think I'm getting what I paid for.
    When you know your not getting what you paid for then you have reason for complaint. Your unsubstantiated thoughts that you will be missing out somehow don't cut any ice at the moment.

Bluetonic wrote: »

When you know your not getting what you paid for then you have reason for complaint. Your unsubstantiated thoughts that you will be missing out somehow don't cut any ice at the moment.

Really?? That's your advice, that's the best you could come up with? Or did you just want to use the word unsubstantiated in a sentence?

You've way too much time on your hands.

Cheerio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

And I don't think I'm getting what I paid for. Instead of being able to take my time over a few drinks with mates, we will be rushing to get to the early show and then as soon as it's over shoved out the door.

Has the start time changed? If it hasn't, then wouldn't you have been rushing to the start of the show anyway? I don't see how this extra show, which doesn't effect the one you're going to, effects you.

I've never known people to hang around in a theater after a show ends, so I fail to see how leaving when it's over is somehow a bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Really?? That's your advice, that's the best you could come up with? Or did you just want to use the word unsubstantiated in a sentence?
    Um... what they said was spot-on and similar to what others here have said. What's your problem? You don't like hearing the truth and are disappointed nobody said "there there, I'll look after you and sort out the big, bad man"...?
    You've way too much time on your hands.
    :confused:
    They posted a comment on a public forum, like you have...

Wow, shoulder chip central...

Nope, no chips on any shoulders. And no I don't need anyone to look after me thanks, I'm all set for sympathy cheers.

I posted in the hopes that somebody might be in the same boat as me and have a good idea on how to approach it. I did not need smart-arse answers where the words "think" and "know" are debated.

In case there are any people out there who are genuinely interested then I have been in contact with both Aiken Promotions and the National Consumer Agency and both actually responded positively so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ok, but the poster you frankly attacked was not being smart-arsed with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Nope, no chips on any shoulders. And no I don't need anyone to look after me thanks, I'm all set for sympathy cheers.

I posted in the hopes that somebody might be in the same boat as me and have a good idea on how to approach it. I did not need smart-arse answers where the words "think" and "know" are debated.

In case there are any people out there who are genuinely interested then I have been in contact with both Aiken Promotions and the National Consumer Agency and both actually responded positively so far.

1. This is consumer issues
    2. You paid for a ticket to a show, its starting and finishing at the advertised time, you assumed there was no show afterward and quite frankly, it wouldn't matter if there was a private performance of dancing monkeys for the queen afterward, the show starts and finishes when its supposed to.
    3. The ticket is for the performance.

Q.E.D. your getting what you paid for, hence there is no issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I posted in the hopes that somebody might be in the same boat as me and have a good idea on how to approach it.

But what are you hoping to gain from this? I really don't see what the National Consumer Agency can do here, unless you've told them more than you've said here. You've gotten exactly what you paid for, from what I can see, and the fact that you have to leave the theater after the show is fairly meaningless, unless it was specified somewhere when buying the ticket that you could remain at the venue.

A full refund has been given by Aiken Promotions so all done & dusted. They didn't give me too much hassle either.

Advertisement