Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damaged My Car :( (largeimage)

Options
  • 21-08-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Myself and the Support pillar in our underground carpark had a bit of a misunderstanding.He was too close and i wasnt backing off! Sh** happens im over it now and now i need to repair it. Anyone got any good recommendations? Its an E46 Coupe. Slight dent in the area too. Its not cracked but the paint is scratched up pretty could. Dont think its down to the metal but id need to rub it with a cloth to see and i didnt have time.

IMG00009.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

First wash off any paint from the pillar to see how deep it is

car-scratch-lede-b0507.jpg

If you want to have a go yourself http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/how_to/4216365.html

Otherwise google scratch fixers in your area.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Ouch.. Hard look mate. Hope you can get it sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

cheers Guys i'll have a good look at it when i get home... it started out such a nice day......:(

Well got a quote for it today

Looks like the rear panel and the door will need paint. The rear moulding will need replacing as it is pretty destroyed. The door moulding is salvageble only minor scratches. I had some other chips on the side and on the bonnet. Also there is a scuff on the offside front wing. He said the he would do the lot for 800...
    Above what i was thinking but i feel he would do a good job. Off to get the second quote anway.

What do you reckon to the 800 ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I think the general rule is 150-200 a panel, a bit more for a bonnet. You should also factor in the cost of the moulding, was it a large moulding?

Sounds like you are getting the following painted:

front wing
    rear wing
    door
    bonnet
    moulding
    door moulding

I don't think it's cheap but it's not horrendously expensive either.

• Advertisement

I costed the mouldings myself, rear moulding only 30 quid but thats only primed so will need paint. Front moulding just needs paint / laquer. Yeah i though it was just over the standard to be honest. He is a mates mate so i presumed it would be cheaper but i was clearly wrong, i figured 600 would cover the work. Its by no means horendous work. Probably a days work in it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Call www.autosmartsystems.ie mention dbnavan from boards.ie and get a discount :D They come to you.

Advertisement