Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping Centres

• 21-08-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Anybody have a phobia about shopping centres? esp when they're full?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I used to panic in crowds for a while but I only had this phobia for a short time and it came about due to me being in a bad frame of mind after a break-up. I started getting really bad panic attacks and crowds would trigger them.

Have you always felt this way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Claire121

I don't think it's a phobia, do they not wreck everyone's head? I always go at 9am, can't handle the crowds after.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭boffin54321

No not always. Think it may have something to do with lack of adequate sleep/ feeling wrecked at the moment.

I get annoyed at people getting in my way/ walking without looking where they're going.....

I suppose its good for the wallet.....but at same time its a bit unsettling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I get oddly paranoid when I'm in shopping centres, for some reason. If I stay too long I start to panic and have to leave them as soon as possible. It's strange, since I've no problem being in crowded places at all. It's just when shopping centres are involved that I freak out.

Advertisement