Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uterus large for dates?

• 21-08-2008 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Anyone here had a larger than expected uterus in pregnany?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Yes, but I had twins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Ahh would you stop!!!:eek:

This is my most active baby... But I have had two scans one at 8 and one at 14 weeks... It couldnt be twins!!:eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Is that the same as when you hear of girls 'carrying a lot of fluid'?

I am not even that big, I havent put on a lot of weight it is just baby... I amnt swollen or bloated, just the doctor measured from groin to the top of the uterus and I am measuring 32 weeks!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Quality wrote: »
    I am not even that big, I havent put on a lot of weight it is just baby... I amnt swollen or bloated, just the doctor measured from groin to the top of the uterus and I am measuring 32 weeks!
    You know, I wouldnt see that as a bad thing, if it meant you dates were skewed. :D Coming close to the end an unexpected few less weeks would be a godsend!

Maybe its cos its not your first, did the doc say?

• Advertisement

My dates are absolutely spot on!!

Have an appointment with consultant next week. will probably have scan then and diabetes test. Hopefully it is just that things are looser. Jesus never thought I would say that:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It happens, had the same with my first he was just a long/tall baby.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I measured about 5/6 weeks bigger then my dates too..
    I think it maybe an elephant baby;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭aingeal_croi

ROFL!!! (Elephant baby???) well if it is any consolation everyone told me big babies bring themselves ie less work during labour to deliver... than little light bubbies...my very first labour was 6 hours wo to go and a healthy 8lb 11oz baby at the end of it...you will be fine!! I agree you may get told you have less weeks to wait I went in three weeks early because of babys size..All the best!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Less weeks to wait sounds great tbh
    once baby is healthy that is:)

• Advertisement

Thanks girls... Going to doc in morning!!!

All seems fine so far!!

Got to see doc, Got Scan, saw my little baby... Ahhh! So cute, The head is down.

Measuring large but doctor thinks it is because I am tall... Have done the glucose test, so will await my bloods back for that!! And they are checking iron again..

8th of November is now my official due date!!!

10 and a half weeks to go!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

That's great news and such a relief for you. :)

Quality wrote: »
    Have done the glucose test, so will await my bloods back for that!! And they are checking iron again..

Bloods are back from the glucose challenge test and they want me in to the day ward on Thursday for the glucose tolerance test... Human Pin cushion for the day!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Ouchies. I hope it's nothing too serious and the day ward is a nice place.
    I know what you mean about pin cushions. I look like a junkie cause both arms have needle marks now. They took 9 vials of blood yesterday at my booking in, but no urine test? My midwife was pregnant too and I think she might have forgotten :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Quality,

Does this mean they want to moniter you further or is it something they do with every woman?

There's diabetes in my family, so just wondering if I'm more prone to gestational diabetes as a result of this.

Excuse my ignorance ladies!! I'm only young! :P

They told me they were doing the glucose challenge test as a precaution as the uterus was measuring big for dates.. Also because I have been unusually tired, Although that is probably down to my life style!!

the GCT just involved drinking a measured amount of lucozade and getting a bloods test an hour after consumption.

something showed up in my bloods. so they need to go further.

The Glucose tolerance test means I have to fast from the night before, I go to the day ward they give me some glucose, and they take blood tests on the hour for a couple of hours after.

Did you tell the doctor that there is diabetes in your family adrieanne? They usually ask this in the first visit? If you are concerned just mention it to the doc on your next visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 laney82

Hi ladies, hope ye don't mind me joining the conversation! Quality, is a glucose challenge test commonly carried out? I'm 33 weeks but babs is measuring 35+2! Consultant said its nothing to worry about though :confused:

laney82 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, hope ye don't mind me joining the conversation! Quality, is a glucose challenge test commonly carried out? I'm 33 weeks but babs is measuring 35+2! Consultant said its nothing to worry about though :confused:

Hey Laney,

Its common as far as I know.. If your concernedI would defo ask them to carry one out for you.
    My sisters friend had it done, so I think it is common enough.. its not too much hassle either.. Once you dont mind getting the bloods done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Quality, I did say it to the nurse but she didn't seem fussed, just put it into the system is all.

Maybe I'll mention it again next time I'm there...

• Advertisement
Advertisement