Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everyone's tips for the super bowl champ

• 21-08-2008 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I'm going with the minnesota vikings at 20-1 as i feel they've done excellently out of the draft

should give me a bit of interst for the season

anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Patriots

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

i have a feeling the chargers might do it this year.......... i want the colts to.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭derby7

Denver Broncos !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

jaguars for me.gotta put some money down on that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Chargers,if lt can stay fit and healthy all season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

pokerstuff wrote: »
    I'm going with the minnesota vikings at 20-1 as i feel they've done excellently out of the draft

should give me a bit of interst for the season

anyone else?

The Vikes are 31/1 on Betfair at the moment.
    derby7 wrote: »
    Denver Broncos !!

:eek::eek::eek: 59/1 on Betfair and that wouldn't tempt me. They won't win the AFC West and may even struggle to stay ahead of the Raiders. Besides I think the leading NFC contenders have a better chance as I think the AFC is more competitive, in that the top 5 teams with the bookies are the Patriots, Chargers, Cowboys, Colts and Jaguars(4 from the AFC). So that suggests that even getting to the Superbowl is harder from the AFC.

Despite this though and being a Raider fan, I think the Steelers might go pretty well this year, so looking beyond the obvious top 5 teams I would go for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

vikes were 16/1 on paddypower when i checked earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Has to be the Patriots

Can you see the Jags or Vikings beating the Patriots?

At least the Colts and Chargers have a chance but at this early stage the Patriots would be favoured to beat them home or away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

super super chargers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

I'd like to say Giants though I have a feeling it'll be the Chargers 'cause I think they'll win the Wembley game and set a trend of the team that wins at Wembley wins the Super Bowl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Any pick outside of the Patriots, Colts, Chargers and Cowboys is realistically an outside shout. For one outside pick that is good from each conference I'd have the Browns and the Panthers.

The Browns will have a really sick offense though there are questions about the D and whether Anderson can get it donefor a whole season. Noises from the Panthers are that Delhomme is in great shape and they have some key defensive players in contract years who are ready to come out and produce big years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Chargers......

Backed em already.

Fingers crossed no injuries like last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Chargers......

Backed em already.

Fingers crossed no injuries like last season.
    bollix:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭walt colman

I expect the Patriots to be in the running again (although not unbeaten in the reg season). I see the Chargers as the team on the rise this year. They might make the break through to the big one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

As long as Norv Turner is C of SD I just cant see them winning a SB. Viking have a good chance, but I say that every year and the NFC is so open. I wouldnt be suprised to see the saints make a run for it either.

AFC is the usually with the colts,pats, steelers and SD most likely to take their divisions. I think the jags have a good chance of pipping the colts this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭malinh

I am a Chargers fan and thought we were good enough on both sides of the ball to run the Colt, Pats and jags close for the AFC and then sure who knows. merriman is huge loss

i like the Saints in the NFC as possibly an outsider for the Super Bowl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

As long as Norv Turner is C of SD I just cant see them winning a SB. Viking have a good chance, but I say that every year and the NFC is so open. I wouldnt be suprised to see the saints make a run for it either.

AFC is the usually with the colts,pats, steelers and SD most likely to take their divisions. I think the jags have a good chance of pipping the colts this year though.

Who do u think shoulda got the job instead of Norv?. I would have agreed bigtime before the 07 season but I watched v v closely how Norv kept the thing together when it looked like a nuclear bomb was about to go off in the locker room early on. And then to win out until the Championship game when all our best players were injured. I believe he did a great job and will bring them to the big one this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ilovefrankee@ho

I think things could come together for the Cowboys this year. When you look at some of their players they look worth a punt: Romo, Barber, Adam Jones, TO (if stays fit), Ware.

Although I'll be rooting for Chargers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I go for the Patriots. The pain of losing the super bowl will drive them on to finish the job so to speak.

Packers.

Cos I'm completely biased.

Rodgers to exceed expectations. And not to throw an interception in OT in the championship play off...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Obviously I think the Colts could do it, but from a non homer perspective I'd go with the Cowboys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Dallas ftw, agree with Minnesota as a lively outsider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

chargers & saints in the SB. chargers to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

1. Cowboys
    2. Colts
    3. Jag's
    Can't see anyone outisde of those three winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I can't see past the colts... But that may be because I'm wearing colts tinted glasses! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Packers to win. By the time the season is over the Packers' fans will be asking "Brett who?" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Indie18 wrote: »
    i have a feeling the chargers might do it this year.......... i want the colts to.

It's weird, the sport's writer's back in the US seem to be split between "Colts will suck and the Chargers will win the SB" or "LT is past it and Merriman is f***ed and the Colts are not going to die down" - quite a few of them tip the Colts, but they're split.But personally, and I hate to say it, but I can't see past the Pats. Saying that though, if Manning, Freeney, and Sanders are fit (having Saturday back would help too), and Harrison does what he can do, then I think the Colts will be the best Colts side we've seen yet, and strong SB contenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

And not to throw an interception in OT in the championship play off...
    Harsh. That happens when you've a rocket for an arm, but trust me without that guys gunslinger style, the Packers would have one less title. If he'd made that pass, you'd be talking about the man like he was Brett of Nazerath. And after 5 and a half thousand completions, it sucks that a GB fan would use that one throw against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

davyjose wrote: »
    It's weird, the sport's writer's back in the US seem to be split between "Colts will suck and the Chargers will win the SB" or "LT is past it and Merriman is f***ed and the Colts are not going to die down" - quite a few of them tip the Colts, but they're split.But personally, and I hate to say it, but I can't see past the Pats. Saying that though, if Manning, Freeney, and Sanders are fit (having Saturday back would help too), and Harrison does what he can do, then I think the Colts will be the best Colts side we've seen yet, and strong SB contenders.

The colts are too riddled with injuries and hence why no one tips them. Saturday is a huge loss also and is out min 6 weeks. And with Mannings go to guy in Harrison still struggling you cant blame the pundits. The chargers problem though is that they suck balls in the playoffs. They choke quite simply. They actually on paper have one of the AFC's strongest teams but blow it in the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

From heyjude: about Broncos:
    eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif 59/1 on Betfair and that wouldn't tempt me. They won't win the AFC West and may even struggle to stay ahead of the Raiders.

Well...........I'll put on a tenner on that 59/1, thank u very much :)

Advertisement