Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 - Resources, Technical Issues, Troubleshooting, FAQs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Right, apologies if this has been covered. I did a search of the thread and found nothing.

I'm getting a '80028F10' error code when I'm trying to play FF8. I know why, I just need to know if I can solve it.

I have a Japanese PS3, and an HD monitor, but the game is from the European PSN store.

I've tried many combinations of display settings and it just doesn't seem to work. I also have FF7 and 9 from the Japanese PSN store and they work fine.

So....is this just a case of 'tough titties', or can I do something? Thanks in advance!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Right, apologies if this has been covered. I did a search of the thread and found nothing.

I'm getting a '80028F10' error code when I'm trying to play FF8. I know why, I just need to know if I can solve it.

I have a Japanese PS3, and an HD monitor, but the game is from the European PSN store.

I've tried many combinations of display settings and it just doesn't seem to work. I also have FF7 and 9 from the Japanese PSN store and they work fine.

So....is this just a case of 'tough titties', or can I do something? Thanks in advance!

Can you delete and then re-download the game(not your saves)?

I don't have any saves because I can't start it. ;_;

Currently re-downloading though, see what happens!

Baaaaaaallllllls! Same story. Cheers for the suggestion though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NewBoss

Got Battlefied 3 second hand from Gamestop, supposedly guaranteed to play. When I put it in I meet the "installing game data. Please do not turn off your system.." etc screen. It gets to 1% and then stops for a while (about an hour), then eventually gets to 2% but is stuck on that for another 3-4 hours. I presume this isn't normal? Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

NewBoss wrote: »
    Got Battlefied 3 second hand from Gamestop, supposedly guaranteed to play. When I put it in I meet the "installing game data. Please do not turn off your system.." etc screen. It gets to 1% and then stops for a while (about an hour), then eventually gets to 2% but is stuck on that for another 3-4 hours. I presume this isn't normal? Any ideas?

Disk is scratched or dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NewBoss

RangeR wrote: »
    Disk is scratched or dirty.

Yeah looking at it now, I notice a quite considerable scratch, I'll take it back. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone having PSN connection issues today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Quick one.

I was considering buying the Season Pass on PSN for The Walking Dead series of games.

I'm currently living away from home and using my housemates PS3 for gaming. If I buy the game through my PSN account and install it on his PS3 will I then be able to install and play it on my PS3 when I go home? As long as I delete it from his of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Frisbee wrote: »
    Quick one.

I was considering buying the Season Pass on PSN for The Walking Dead series of games.

I'm currently living away from home and using my housemates PS3 for gaming. If I buy the game through my PSN account and install it on his PS3 will I then be able to install and play it on my PS3 when I go home? As long as I delete it from his of course...

Yes you will no probs, all you have do is create a new user on your housemates PS3, (Don't Select the Remember password option obviously when you sign in) Log in as your own user when you buy the game and when you get home all you have to do is download it from your download list and play it, that way your housemate can play it too as you are a user on his PS3.

By the way you wont regret that purchase - Its a class game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ah ok sweet. Didn't realise if I had my account logged into two PS3s I could play it on both. That's awesome. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Frisbee wrote: »
    Ah ok sweet. Didn't realise if I had my account logged into two PS3s I could play it on both. That's awesome. Cheers.

No probs, Me and a pal of mine share our purchases in a similar way. Im a user on his and hes a user on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭freethepenguins

Soby wrote: »
    Anyone having PSN connection issues today ?

Its down for maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Its down for maintenance

"unscheduled maintenance". Its back on now you can log in, but for me atleast I can't connect to the PSN store at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭granny_slayer

Sorry Lads, not sure if im posting in the right thread ?
    Bought a 2nd hand playstation3 today and when i try to sign in with it says....
    "You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail) ???????
    I have my on user on this playstation and i dnt know what is wrong, Help Please :/ ??

Sorry Lads, not sure if im posting in the right thread ?
    Bought a 2nd hand playstation3 today and when i try to sign in with it says....
    "You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail) ???????
    I have my on user on this playstation and i dnt know what is wrong, Help Please :/ ??

Try resetting the whole ps3 system?

Thanks, will do i'll get back to ye, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just delete the user profile. On the xmb, go all the way to the left and create a new user. You can sync your osn account to thst one and just delete the user accountthat was on it when you turned it on.

Thanks for all the help lads, I reset the system confirmed my credit card info and eventually got in, Cheerz :D

Thanks for all the help lads, I reset the system confirmed my credit card info and eventually got in, Cheerz :D

Good to know. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭alanzo27

I got a PS3 60 GB off a relative for a great price :) It's in good condition, but it gets quite hot even when idle. The fans don't spin too fast though. I was wondering if it would be worth bringing in somewhere to get it cleaned and get new thermal paste applied, or could I do it myself easy enough?

alanzo27 wrote: »
    I got a PS3 60 GB off a relative for a great price :) It's in good condition, but it gets quite hot even when idle. The fans don't spin too fast though. I was wondering if it would be worth bringing in somewhere to get it cleaned and get new thermal paste applied, or could I do it myself easy enough?

Chances are, it's out of warranty
    Chances are, it's full of dust.

1. Vacuum the back and front grill to clear out some gunk.
    2. If that doesn't do much, you can "relatively" safely remove the top cover [screws underneath] and blow out any dust/fluff on the insides. Get a long thin screwdriver. Total time <30 mins. When screws are out, the top cover slides to the side then up.

Alanzo, if you are going to open it, be very careful and use a youtube vid as a guide as when you lift the lid, there is a cable (I think connecting to the blu ray drive) that can be pulled and damaged unless you unplug it when the lid is half opened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 petercena

Hiii, any one suggest me few new action games for PS3???? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Not sure if I'm in the right place... a real newbie to 'gaming' but my son is now asking for a PS3. Don't have much $ so wondering what the opinions are out there buying these 2nd hand. Any pointers much appreciated, don't necessarily need it to come with games. He's only talking about 1 game for now, but we'll no doubt add to the collection as we go along!.

I'd also plan on using it to netflix and bluray.

Tx in advance.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm in the right place... a real newbie to 'gaming' but my son is now asking for a PS3. Don't have much $ so wondering what the opinions are out there buying these 2nd hand. Any pointers much appreciated, don't necessarily need it to come with games. He's only talking about 1 game for now, but we'll no doubt add to the collection as we go along!.

Tx in advance.

If you are buying 2nd hand, go to a main dealer rather than private sale. You will be covered by warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Leslie91 wrote: »

Tx in advance.

In the initial sale also, harddrive size is not altogether that important as it can be upgraded later relatively cheaply. Basically, if you get an option to buy a 160GB model versus a 320GB model, you should safely be able to go for the 160GB model without missing out on anything].

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

buyer beware with second hand ps3's as alot of them have been reflowed, and might only have a few weeks life in them

You can get a 160gb slim PS3 new for about 220 euro in HMV so keep that in mind when looking at 2nd hand prices. If it's close at all, just go with the new one. Other than that, like posted above, try buy 2nd hand from a shop as they give a warranty with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I wouldn't buy second hand. These machines are just too unreliable. You may be saving yourself €50 now but that's not much use if the machine dies in six months time.

They're pretty cheap now anyway. I'f recommend leaving it an extra month or however long it takes to be able to afford the difference between second hand and new and buying new.

Advertisement