Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 - Resources, Technical Issues, Troubleshooting, FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just wondering, the Game Data folder's okay to delete stuff from? All the Saved games are in the Saved Game Data folder? So by deleting content from the Game Data folder, I'm just deleting installed content and patches?

Just looking to make more room on the hard drive, so figured would delete the games I'm not currently playing.

And on another note, is there a way to upload all my saved games to the cloud at once rather than going through and doing it individually?

Yes, that Game Data folder is safe to delete from.

No idea about the cloud uploading.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just wondering, the Game Data folder's okay to delete stuff from? All the Saved games are in the Saved Game Data folder? So by deleting content from the Game Data folder, I'm just deleting installed content and patches?

Just looking to make more room on the hard drive, so figured would delete the games I'm not currently playing.

And on another note, is there a way to upload all my saved games to the cloud at once rather than going through and doing it individually?

note : LPB[2?] Uses Game Data location for saves as of a year or two ago. This is because they VERY quickly hit the upper limit of game saves on PS3. I'm not sure if there are other games that do this.

Having said that, I'd say you are save to delete something that is >=200MB.

Multi Uploading. Not sure. I know you can multi download by hitting triangle while IN cloud storage. Trying hitting [very hard] Triangle while in the normal game save folder. Do you see a "copy multiple" option? If I think of it, I'll try it tonight.

When I was "copying multiple" from cloude to local a week ago [failed hard drive, new one installed], I could download everything other than Dues Ex : Human Revolution saves. VERY cumbersome. Had to download them manually [all 15 of them].

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

RangeR wrote: »
    note : LPB[2?] Uses Game Data location for saves as of a year or two ago. This is because they VERY quickly hit the upper limit of game saves on PS3. I'm not sure if there are other games that do this.

Having said that, I'd say you are save to delete something that is >=200MB.

Multi Uploading. Not sure. I know you can multi download by hitting triangle while IN cloud storage. Trying hitting [very hard] Triangle while in the normal game save folder. Do you see a "copy multiple" option? If I think of it, I'll try it tonight.

When I was "copying multiple" from cloude to local a week ago [failed hard drive, new one installed], I could download everything other than Dues Ex : Human Revolution saves. VERY cumbersome. Had to download them manually [all 15 of them].

Okay, yep the copy multiple is there so copying all over at once. Thanks. Don't know why I didn;t see it last night. Must've hit Triangle on the wrong file.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I needed an anti-virus program for my laptop and I installed AVG free but I couldn't get online with my PS3 with it installed so I uninstalled it and I could get online fine.

Does anyone why I couldn't go online with AVG installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

J. Marston wrote: »
    I needed an anti-virus program for my laptop and I installed AVG free but I couldn't get online with my PS3 with it installed so I uninstalled it and I could get online fine.

Does anyone why I couldn't go online with AVG installed?

Can't be certain but its possible that AVG is blocking the ports that the PS3 requires to be open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 The WP

This may not be the right place to ask this but does anyone know a good place to get a PS3 repaired in Dublin. I emailed the Console Repair Centre in Tallaght last week with my problem and they still haven't got back to me at all.

The WP wrote: »
    This may not be the right place to ask this but does anyone know a good place to get a PS3 repaired in Dublin. I emailed the Console Repair Centre in Tallaght last week with my problem and they still haven't got back to me at all.

Ring them.

Also, what's wrong with it. Sometimes, it's more economical to just buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone else having trouble signing in to PSN at the moment?

Its saying that PSN is down for technical maintenance however there seems to be no reports of it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm logged in ok and have been for about half an hour.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm logged in ok and have been for about half an hour.

feck sake, i havnt been able to sign in for the last hour because of "Playstation Network Maintenance".

• Advertisement

Cant sign in via my laptop either, When i put my User+Pass in it says the details are incorrect. Which they arent (im 100% sure)

Error Code: 8002a203

While it wasn't widely advertised, it was advertised. It's in preperation for the new store on Wednesday.

RangeR wrote: »
    While it wasn't widely advertised, it was advertised. It's in preperation for the new store on Wednesday.

Sh-t, didnt sign in before hand. THanks

That's weird. I was definitely logged in to my Irish account and watching Netflix. I won't complain, mind.

Indeed. I had no issues logging in etc. Played online and Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there a way to control what's downloaded by the automatic update? I ask because I'd rather not have mutiple updates taking up hard drive space for games I don't play anymore. Or updates for the netflix app since I don't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

My brother was having trouble signing into PSN. Whenever he tried to sign is he got this error number 8001050f. So I tried downloading an update to see if that would help, I downloaded update 3.41 but when it tries to install, it gets to around 26-28% and I get another error number, this time it's 8002F147. I try to install it again and the same thing happens but it tells me to turn off the system and plug it out for a few minutes this time. I do that but again, the error comes up.

My brother can't even use the PS3 right now because it just tries to install the update every time, he can't get to the home menu. Any help with this, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

J. Marston wrote: »
    My brother was having trouble signing into PSN. Whenever he tried to sign is he got this error number 8001050f. So I tried downloading an update to see if that would help, I downloaded update 3.41 but when it tries to install, it gets to around 26-28% and I get another error number, this time it's 8002F147. I try to install it again and the same thing happens but it tells me to turn off the system and plug it out for a few minutes this time. I do that but again, the error comes up.

My brother can't even use the PS3 right now because it just tries to install the update every time, he can't get to the home menu. Any help with this, please?

Try downloading the update on your PC/Mac and transfer to the PS3 via USB stick. You can find the update and instructions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭wilser

Hi all,
    Just replaced my ylod ps3 with a new one and i am having a problem when
    i try and redownload Dead nation & Wipeout, the games will download ok but when i try and install them i get a message asking me do i want to copy them to a psp system,
    if i click no nothing happens
    if i click yes it just tells me how to connect a psp with a usb cable
    All of my other games and online codes worked ok.
    BTW these where the 2 free games i got from sony after the outage last year.

Any ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

wilser wrote: »
    Hi all,
    i try and redownload Dead nation & Wipeout, the games will download ok but when i try and install them i get a message asking me do i want to copy them to a psp system,

Any ideas?

Delete those two downloads, redownload them and try again - might be just a hiccup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭wilser

F1ngers wrote: »
    Delete those two downloads, redownload them and try again - might be just a hiccup.

That sorted it :D
    Thanks

how do i remove Cinavia from my PS3

there i was 10 minutes into batman in 1080p and the movie stops the sounds 0_O never has problem b4

i guess im back to connecting labtop to tv :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

tajd wrote: »
    how do i remove Cinavia from my PS3

there i was 10 minutes into batman in 1080p and the movie stops the sounds 0_O never has problem b4

i guess im back to connecting labtop to tv :(

You cant remove it. Sony forced it on to combat film piracy. You won't get that problem with a legit copy of the film. Only picks up certain films.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tran

Hi people. Wondering if ye can help me. Purchasing ps3 (last one I had was original ps) and have not got a clue. I want to buy this to play pro evo soccer on line against mates now abroad. Any ideas for this ps3 virgin would be gratefully appreciated. Ps please explain in simple English as this poster is very simple when it comes to technology

tran wrote: »
    Hi people. Wondering if ye can help me. Purchasing ps3 (last one I had was original ps) and have not got a clue. I want to buy this to play pro evo soccer on line against mates now abroad. Any ideas for this ps3 virgin would be gratefully appreciated. Ps please explain in simple English as this poster is very simple when it comes to technology

Just purchase the cheapest NEW one you can find. Stay away from the second hand market unless you REALLY know the person. You don't need to worry about the storage size of the various PS'3 on the market. They are all currently containing buckets of the stuff.

You can upgrade the hard disk [storage] at some other time for less than €100. If you don't envisage having many games for a good while, or having buckets of music or movies on the PS3, yer grand.

Might also want to purchase a second controller for split screen local multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tran

Thanks RangeR. Info very much appreciated

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.

I'm going to stay at my parents place over Christmas and I'm going to bring my PS3 with me. They've got a 3D TV. Can I just hook the PS3 up and start playing 3D games or is there some extra piece of kit that I need?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.

I'm going to stay at my parents place over Christmas and I'm going to bring my PS3 with me. They've got a 3D TV. Can I just hook the PS3 up and start playing 3D games or is there some extra piece of kit that I need?
    • HDMI Cable
    • 3D Glasses or whatever your TV normally requires. I believe that 3D TV's usually come with one or two glasses.

Yer set.

Yeah my parents have loads of 3D glasses. Great stuff, thanks. I'm always sceptical about 3D in general but might as well give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

wilser wrote: »
    Hi all,

Any ideas?
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Delete those two downloads, re=download them and try again - might be just a hiccup.
    Had the same problem with Infamous (another "welcome back" game). Tried deleting and re-downloading from the PS Store twice but to no avail.

Then I read on another forum to delete the install file and re-download it via Account Management>Transaction Management>Download List. Tried this and it worked.

Advertisement