Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 - Resources, Technical Issues, Troubleshooting, FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Lads I'm getting an 8002AD23 error a lot lately.

Get signed out but I can sign in again straight after.

I'm on wireless internet. Any ideas how to fix or what the issue is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johnnyjohnjohn

anybody know if you can connect your blackberry to the PS3...transferring pics,movies etc...ive connected the BB using a USB to the PS3 and the BB does come up on the dashboard,but when you go into the BB its says its empty!!... my Sony digital camera connects perfect,as it being sony i guessed it would work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

can you get an app like bubbleupnp for the BB ?it works great on android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

tok9 wrote: »
    Lads I'm getting an 8002AD23 error a lot lately.

Get signed out but I can sign in again straight after.

I'm on wireless internet. Any ideas how to fix or what the issue is?

Try wired for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

RangeR wrote: »
    Try wired for a week.

Unfortunately I can't as the router is in one of my housemates rooms although I think I've fixed it by simply resetting the router.

He mustn't have bothered resetting it when I asked him earlier in the week.

Thanks though. I'll know for sure after tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭wilser

Could somebody please tell if it is possible to connect my Android phone to the ps3, just want to show pics & videos from my phone onto the TV.
    Tried Googling it & it can be done but I can't figure out how to do it.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

wilser wrote: »
    Could somebody please tell if it is possible to connect my Android phone to the ps3, just want to show pics & videos from my phone onto the TV.
    Tried Googling it & it can be done but I can't figure out how to do it.
    Thanks

see post 1054 ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭wilser

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kevinmcm

Hi everyone, don't know if there is already an answer to this. But here goes, I have some vids on my Win8.1 machine that I would like to share to my PS3 so I can watch them on a big screen. I know I can just copy them to a USB stick but I want to try and use Win8.1 sharing media options and PS3 media server thingy.

The problem is I have done everything I can think of to share to devices on Win8.1 but the PS3 never pops up as a device to share to.

Anyone successfully shared media on Win8.1 to their PS3?

Thanks

kevinmcm wrote: »
    Hi everyone, don't know if there is already an answer to this. But here goes, I have some vids on my Win8.1 machine that I would like to share to my PS3 so I can watch them on a big screen. I know I can just copy them to a USB stick but I want to try and use Win8.1 sharing media options and PS3 media server thingy.

The problem is I have done everything I can think of to share to devices on Win8.1 but the PS3 never pops up as a device to share to.

Anyone successfully shared media on Win8.1 to their PS3?

Thanks

The other way around. Yer Win8.1 Media Player should pop up on your PS3. If so, then you MIGHT have to go to your Lappy and authorise it. Have you configured Media Sharing on your lappy. You just turn it on, generally, to all devices on your network.

Is your PS3 Wired or wireless?
    Is your laptop Wired or wireless?
    What NAT Type on your PS3? It should be NAT 2. Contrary to popular belief 99% of people don't need NAT 1. If NAT 1, it will never work.

If both are wired, happy days.
    If one is wired, it should be OK.
    If both are wired [assuming same frequency- eg 2.4GHz], then a big no no. Just asking for trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Just like to point out that I fixed my RLOD ps3 with a hairdryer and am quite please with myself.
    Supposed to be a shortterm fix, but lets see if it lasts till the 29th!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Think my ps3 has officially went to the other side, wont turn on now, for one second shows a yellow light then a blinking red light.
    Do you think its fixable?
    I took the ps3 apart a month ago and gave it a good clean.

Pangea wrote: »
    Think my ps3 has officially went to the other side, wont turn on now, for one second shows a yellow light then a blinking red light.
    Do you think its fixable?
    I took the ps3 apart a month ago and gave it a good clean.

Thats exactly what I had, this is what I did

phill106 wrote: »
    Thats exactly what I had, this is what I did

Thanks for that, is this a short term fix?

Pangea wrote: »
    Thanks for that, is this a short term fix?

Id say a fix of indeterminate length :)
    I dont think it would be permanent certainly, if it happens again I plan on trading it in after i fix it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

It's a short term fix , if anything you are making it harder to do the proper reball fix later !!

eddhorse wrote: »
    It's a short term fix , if anything you are making it harder to do the proper reball fix later !!

Was checking locally, no one could give me a warranty of longer then 2 weeks for the machine once they fixed it

Was checking locally, no one could give me a warranty of longer then 2 weeks for the machine once they fixed it

Fixed it how?

Fixed it how?

tried everywhere in limerick, they only did reball, not reflow, rang consolerepairs, they said the same

tried everywhere in limerick, they only did reball, not reflow, rang consolerepairs, they said the same

Reball, reflow are new terms to me, Can these be done by DIY?
    Im not sure should I try and fix my PS3 or not, I wouldn't get it repaired or anything ,but if I can do it myself il give it a shot.
    I seen a cheap heat gun in argos I might buy if I can fix YLOD myself.
    Saying that, even if it is reballed , is it only a matter of time before it breaks down again?

• Advertisement

You definitely will NOT be able do a reball yourself ! Fact.

Have a look at a YouTube video :
    http://youtu.be/jh8lkoEPLrc

You definitely will NOT be able do a reball yourself ! Fact.

Have a look at a YouTube video :
    http://youtu.be/jh8lkoEPLrc

Did you just say "Fact"?

Did you just say "Fact"?

I'm presuming a person that is unsure of how to do a reflow will not be able to do a reball.
    I was not questioning the RangeR's reballing skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I have a few questions ye might be able to answer.
    If I have playstation plus and download X game will X game be playable on other profiles on my console
    If I buy a game such as assassins creed from psn, will I be able to play it on other consoles as long as my profile is on there console

Yes
    Yes - You can only have two PS3's activated on your account. Be sure to deactivate the second PS3 when you are done.

Yes
    Yes - You can only have two PS3's activated on your account. Be sure to deactivate the second PS3 when you are done.
    So when I download the game on the second ps3, if i delete my profile on it will the game still be there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

astonaidan wrote: »
    I have a few questions ye might be able to answer.
    If I have playstation plus and download X game will X game be playable on other profiles on my console
    If I buy a game such as assassins creed from psn, will I be able to play it on other consoles as long as my profile is on there console

What do you mean by "there"(sic) console?

If you do not own both consoles, then what you are suggesting is gamesharing/theft.
    Discussion on this is not allowed on boards.ie.

F1ngers wrote: »
    What do you mean by "there"(sic) console?

If you do not own both consoles, then what you are suggesting is gamesharing/theft.
    Discussion on this is not allowed on boards.ie.
    Hah not quiet its my nephews account and he lives in same house, I just dont trust him with my profile :mad:

astonaidan wrote: »
    Hah not quiet its my nephews account and he lives in same house, I just dont trust him with my profile :mad:

With that in mind, I believe you fall within the spirit of the terms and conditions... Two ps3s within the same family household / family. What I do is put my profile on the second ps3, download the games but then... Most important... Disable "remember my password" and logout. Your profile is there but the person on the ps3 cannot access that profile... Only the games that have been downloaded can be played.

• Advertisement

With that in mind, I believe you fall within the spirit of the terms and conditions... Two ps3s within the same family household / family. What I do is put my profile on the second ps3, download the games but then... Most important... Disable "remember my password" and logout. Your profile is there but the person on the ps3 cannot access that profile... Only the games that have been downloaded can be played.

Christ that was obvious, its the things infront of your face you forget :o

Advertisement