Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airton Road/Belgard Road Tallaght

Options
  • 21-08-2008 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, I'm unfamiliar with Tallaght and I have an interview there on Wednesday, it's in a building at the junction of Airton Road and Belgard Road.

Is this near to the Luas? Which Luas stop should I get off at, and what are the directions from there?

How long is the walk from the Luas? I'm aiming to be at the building for 9am, so what time should I get on the Luas at?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Get off at the Belgard stop and stroll up. The stop is beside an Aldi, and very close to the Belgard Road. Walk up the Belgard Road towards Tallaght. Should take about 15-20 minutes to walk to the junction of Airton Road.

Where are you getting the Luas from? You're looking at about 45 minutes from town, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

stovelid wrote: »
    Get off at the Belgard stop and stroll up. Should take about 15 minutes. .
    Yeah, but I don't know which way to walk :)
    stovelid wrote: »
    Where are you getting the Luas from? You're looking at about 45 minutes from town, I'd say.

So, realistically I'd be looking at getting on the Luas no later than 8am so.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Get the Luas as far as Belgard, then walk up the Belgard road (going towards Tallaght) There is a big Burger King on the junction of Belgard and Airton Road

I don't mean to be smart, but I have never been to Tallaght, so when I get off the Luas, do I turn right or left?

Can I see that BK from the Luas stop even?

Des wrote: »
    Yeah, but I don't know which way to walk :)

Apologies. When you get off at Belgard, there is an Aldi right beside the station. The Aldi backs out on to the Belgard road, which is a big enough, dual road. In fact, the Luas crosses the Belgard road just before coming into the station. When you come out on to the Belgard Road, head to your right (towards Tallaght and the Square basically, ask somebody if you have to..). The junction of Airton Road is about 15 minutes in that direction. The junction is directly opposite a Burger King.

• Advertisement

Good stuff, thanks a lot. :)

Forgive my sh*t paint skillz :D

belgarddz6.jpg

Heh, thanks.

If I was you Des I'd take a trip up and find the place before the day of the interview. Even get a mate to drive you up some evening. Last thing anybody needs before an interview is the stress of finding the place

Onkle wrote: »
    If I was you Des I'd take a trip up and find the place before the day of the interview. Even get a mate to drive you up some evening. Last thing anybody needs before an interview is the stress of finding the place

Good idea actually, cheers.

• Advertisement

I had an interview in that area a few years ago and did the same thing, the morning of the interview I was glad I did cos I was able to just focus on the interview at hand.

Good luck with the interview Des

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think strictly speaking you will be going downhill - you will see the mountains in the distance.

Advertisement