Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free VO2max Testing

Options
  • 21-08-2008 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I'm a Phd student at the Human Performance Laboratory in Trinity College and i'm researching muscle recruitment patterns in several Olympic disciplines. I'm currently looking for male club level cyclists that would be interested in doing some exercise tests for me in the Lab. It will involve doing two VO2max tests on a cycle ergometer and you will recieve a full breakdown of your fitness level, heart rate zones and critical power outputs from the test results. You will also recieve a free medical assessment including a full blood profile indicating heamaglobin, haematocrit and white blood cell counts. This information would be of great value in planning your training programme for the coming winter months.

If you would be interested in taking part in the study and would like further information please contat me at [email]fleminnj AT tcd.ie[/email]. Time wasters or slackers need not apply...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Darn,would love to help but i dont think i qualify as club level. Good luck with the research!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I definately don't qualify as male but again good luck with the research. I'm right there if you ever need a female runner, cyclist, swimmer or paddler!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

probably best to remove your email address and ask people to PM you in the first instance - the spammers will pounce on that in an instant

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'd be very interested in this myself, sent you an email. Reckon you would be well above the average male club cyclist hunnymonster!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I actually did a treadmill test with Bernard Donne in TCD (I used to work there) and the information generated is very interesting. Anyone who fits the OP's description would be well advised to go for the testing.

OP would you set out some performance criteria for "good male club cyclist" e.g. 200 miles a week, average power output 300 watts or whatever. A lot on the cyclists on here are very fit and experienced but not club cyclists in the traditional sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement