Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still working off points??

Options
  • 21-08-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I'm 28 now and have no piece of paper to me name.

I was thinking about going back to collage thinking the points I got in the LC didn't apply any more. But do the collages still work off the points you got in the LC?

I had it in my head that I could waltz into any course and get paid to do it. Not true? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

once you are over 23 you are classed as a mature student so leaving cert points shouldn't matter. contact the mature student adviser in the college you are interested in and they will put you right.

grants depend on your income. your local authority should be able to guide you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm 28 now and have no piece of paper to me name.

I was thinking about going back to collage thinking the points I got in the LC didn't apply any more. But do the collages still work off the points you got in the LC?

I had it in my head that I could waltz into any course and get paid to do it. Not true? :(

You can't 'waltz' necessarily :D, but as the above poster said, formal qualifications matter less once you're over 23. Admissions tutors will look at your work experience, any school qualifications you have and most likely interview you or ask you to do a written test of some sort. They are usually very keen to attract mature students, so you've a better shot than an 18 yr old with poor points.

Advertisement