Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Post office place in Togher Industrial estate

Options
  • 21-08-2008 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

I am fuming at this, it happened to me once before. I know from experience the place is impossible to get to unless you have a car. And as far as I know they don't do redeliveries, they refused last time.

This is ridiculous, what can I do? I don't have time to get out there, and I don't know HOW. No buses go near there and I never figured it out byfoot, last time I had to get a taxi, which I can't afford right now. It's also a heavy item so it'll be annoying to carry it.

What can I do? And what can I do to make sure it doesn't happen in future? I'd rather have it kept at a post office or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Either get the Item delivered to work if you can or ... well I dunno. The whole city is held to randsom, the Northside centre is in the heart of Hollyhill and has the same crap opening hours.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

Yeah i've missed out on a bucket load of useless crap from the Freebie thread due to this.
    Pain in the goolies really...
    Work address should be used or else get a neighbour to accept it.

Is there any way I could order it in to the Post office?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Take no.14 bus out to togher. cross the bridge and walk around to the post office building. Its not that far.

castie wrote: »
    Take no.14 bus out to togher. cross the bridge and walk around to the post office building. Its not that far.

Can I get a number 14 going in that direction from Wilton/Bishopstown? Otherwise I'll have to get a bus all the way into town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Can I get a number 14 going in that direction from Wilton/Bishopstown? Otherwise I'll have to get a bus all the way into town.

Yes the 14 bus route begins at the stop inside
    the grounds of CUH. The bus going from there into the city centre goes down the Sarsfields Road and through Togher.

14 bus doesn't go to Bishopstown. That's 8.

sunnyside wrote: »
    Yes the 14 bus route begins at the stop inside
    the grounds of CUH. The bus going from there into the city centre goes down the Sarsfields Road and through Togher.

14 bus doesn't go to Bishopstown. That's 8.

I'm confused though, I thought the CUH was opposite Wilton Shopping centre? I remember before I came to live in cork, I use to get the 14 to Wilton(which is beside Bishopstown).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I'm confused though, I thought the CUH was opposite Wilton Shopping centre? I remember before I came to live in cork, I use to get the 14 to Wilton(which is beside Bishopstown).

They are opposite each other. 14 bus from town to Wilton stops at shopping centre. 14 bus from Wilton to town starts at hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

UCC park and ride out the the car park and then cross the brinde and left, then back on the bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I had the misfortune of having to go to the Northside Delivery office once. Honestly, I have never been to a worst location *ever*

I couldn't find the place, it was located down a lane with rubbish strewn at either side and a load of caravans.

On top of that it's not sign posted properly, you can't find it easily and it's completely inaccessible by public transport. If you did get their by bus, you'd need to bring armed security with you just to feel comfortable walking down that terrifying lane. I pity the pensioner who decides to venture up there by bus!

The office itself is like a little ultra secure unit. It has a nice Eastern Bloc feel to it!

Horrible place, horrible experience, would avoid using An Post if there was a choice as a result. They clearly don't give a flying **** about their customers.

I don't even know how the staff work up there. It's that much of a kip.

Also, they classify much of the northside of the city centre as northside suburban, so you've got to drive miles to collect a package if you're a business anywhere beyond McCurtain street. It's a ridiculous set up!

Haven't visited the Southside Delivery office, but it sounds 'lovely' too.
    They're now closing the Ballilough Delivery Office which covers a big chunk of the southside of the city. The staff are running a petition to keep it open.

Why can't undelivered letters / parcels simply be delivered to a local post office?! There are enough of them around and they remain open at sensible times. The postman would simply have to call into the local post office when he's finished his route.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

The Southside office is a grand spot and I have always found the staff helpful.
    However I am lucky enough to have a car to drive up there whenever I need to...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Solair wrote: »
    Why can't undelivered letters / parcels simply be delivered to a local post office?! There are enough of them around and they remain open at sensible times. The postman would simply have to call into the local post office when he's finished his route.

They have rubbish opening hours - they open during normal working hours and close at lunchtimes.

Advertisement