Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewire converter???

Options
  • 21-08-2008 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is in the completely wrong place but I just bought a firewire connecter today for my DV camera only to realise that my laptop doesn't have a Firewire connection.

I'm a noob when it comes to things like this.

I was just wondering if there was any way I could buy an extension so that the firewire can be slotted into my USB drive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Are you sure it doesn't have a 4-pin "iLink" connector (Sony's name for FW)?

Or maybe just bring the cable back; Maplin's will accept all unopened stuff back IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've got a Dell and I can't find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

If its a cheap dell you most likely dont have one. As its a dell, its most likely got an Express slot. You can get a cheap firewire express card off ebay.

Advertisement