Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JNLR station figures

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Looks like there will be much nervous biting of fingernails in the Kildare & Carlow / Kilkenny areas....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

I'm on phone so will have a look later...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I'm wearing a towel so I'll have a look later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You should post on the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy forum, as you clearly know where your towel is. :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I think the figures are out later today will Tom Dunne be in them i wonder? It would be very intresting to see how he is diong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

Figures out today are for the twelve months leading upto and including September of this year. There won't be any indication of how Tom Dunne is doing.

Nothing on BCI website yet but i heard on Today fm news Matt Cooper is up 5,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Newstalks nationwide push appears to have been in vain, take out Dublin and they are nowhere (yes I know they are up 1% but 5% is poor enough).

I'd like to see programme figures

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'd also be interested to see if Tom Dunne took a lot of D'Arcy's listeners.

• Advertisement

eoin_s wrote: »

Why D'arcy i would have thought they would be looking at Turbidy and Ryan.

Today fm doing poorly this time around Ireland except Cork where there up big time i wonder how that is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

eoin_s wrote: »

As I said earlier, this book covers the year up until the last day in September. Tom Dunne started on the 1st September. It will be this time next year before you get any idea of whether he takes listeners from d'Arcy or anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

In the Examiner today, it said Dunne had 61,000 listeners

parasite wrote: »
    In the Examiner today, it said Dunne had 61,000 listeners

That's what Barry and Power had before being shafted by Newstalk ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

What were Ray Foleys figures like?

P.S. If you've something bad to say about him, DON'T. I'm not trying to get an argumant going.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Enda Caldwell

Fago_25 wrote: »
    What were Ray Foleys figures like?

P.S. If you've something bad to say about him, DON'T. I'm not trying to get an argumant going.

LOL !!

Awww... no?:cool: why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

How are these mythical figures calculated?

Jnlr results out tomorrow it should be more intresting than usual the fact Tom Dunne will have first real results. If he is making inroads into Turbs and G.Ryan figures. I always keep an eye out for the drive time results to see how Cooper is doing against Hook, if Hook stopped bitching and moaning about what Matt is or isn't doing he might have a decent show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mcscrub

Bond-007 wrote: »
    How are these mythical figures calculated?

Now I may be wrong, but as far as I'm aware the JNLR is calculated by survey. Like any other survey questions are asked to random people of different age groups, races, sex, locality and salary.

I think!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Whoopsie.

• Advertisement

DMC wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the methodology is random people of all demographs get diaries to record their listening day.

Ahhh, very good.

Do you know if it's new people every quarter or every year?

I'm pretty sure the methodology is random people of all demographs get diaries to record their listening day.
    I wonder who are these people. I have never been asked to do a survey like that ever.

Whoopsie. Thats the UK method, not here.

As of 2007, "The findings are based on personal interviews, conducted in-home, with a sample of 15018 adults aged 15+ in Ireland."

As of 2007, "The findings are based on personal interviews, conducted in-home, with a sample of 15018 adults aged 15+ in Ireland."
    Interesting, DMC.

They must be ignoring me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

But maybe they should use the UK method here? > lets face it, UK Radio is generally far better in all aspects ...............

good point

Badabing wrote: »
    Jnlr results out tomorrow it should be more intresting than usual the fact Tom Dunne will have first real results. If he is making inroads into Turbs and G.Ryan figures. I always keep an eye out for the drive time results to see how Cooper is doing against Hook, if Hook stopped bitching and moaning about what Matt is or isn't doing he might have a decent show.

interesting to see if anyone has any predictions for tomorrow?

Moribund market, no more than 1% movement by any station. The programme details will be more interesting and most of that is centered on 9-12 slot.

Prediction: Newstalk to be down by at least 2% nationally.

As for the UK method, the previous owner of TalkSport, one Kelvin McKenzie was a critic. He said the diary method was outdated, and wanted to use electronic measuring devices, such as a watch that could accurately record what was being listened to. RAJAR declined, Kevlin threaten to sue, but it more or less ended when UTV took over The Wireless Group.

Sample of the diary method.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Anyone know when the survey was carried out? Was looking forward to seeing what affect, if any, Gerry Ryan acting the bollox had on the results. But these JNLR fiqures might have come too soon - letting him off the hook.

The latest JNLR figures are to be released by the BCI at 5pm Today . . .

Should be interesting :))

As far as i can work out Tom Dunne is on 62,000, the last time in November the 9-12 slot it was 61,000. Also Hook is 95,000 he was at 100,000 in November, Am i wrong? this is via NT website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Interesting to see the reach for 98 and Spin are now the same at 15%, with Spin sneaking ahead 1% on the 6 month figures to 16%.

linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Moribund market, no more than 1% movement by any station.

I was more right than I thought I'd be!

Anywhere i can see listener figures for individual radio shows and DJs?

Because the numbers and stuff i see in the link above are jibberish to me.

http://newstalk.ie/newstalk/press-releases/27/national-first-for-newstalk-106-108-fm.html

Newstalk has an overall increase of 1%. But according to their press release "year on Year" increases of 55%, 45%, 38%, 37%....etc for individual programmes. Doesn't quite add up. I think they are being a bit creative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

deadhead13 wrote: »

Newstalk has an overall increase of 1%. But according to their press release "year on Year" increases of 55%, 45%, 38%, 37%....etc for individual programmes. Doesn't quite add up. I think they are being a bit creative.

Yup.

For this is the time of year for all the creative little pixies in radio land to work their magic.

Expect to hear from 26 different "No1" stations in the coming days, all making self congratulatory speeches that mean damn all in the bigger scheme of things. Everyone's going to twist the findings to prove that they are number one in something.

True, no station ever lost listeners it seems!

RTE and Today FM are slow puting the numbers up unless I'm looking in all the wrong places.

Irish Times article with some decent stats.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0212/breaking77.htm

• Advertisement

Interesting figures in places...

Nationally, 2FM and Today FM are tied at 16% for reach, 2FM still ahead on share.

Regionally: Great figures for i102-104 in the Northwest for its first year on air. Fair play.

Cork: Newstalk and 2FM doing abysmally, Today FM double the weekday reach of 2FM.

Yeah Today Fm doing brillant in Cork last couple of years but starting to stagnate everywhere else, I know it's only been 3 months but i'd say the bosses at Newstalk are worried at the poor results of Tom Dunne and the inability of the Breakfast Show to make any in roads into Morning Ireland at all.

Am I correct in thinking that there is no breakdown in the figures for individual Radio presenters? and/or specific programmes .........

There will be, Camelot, but the general public won't see them really until the papers tomorrow.

Unless someone in the industry can give us a peek :D

Anybody know what Ray Foley's Figures are?

5ft 8''
    160 ponunds
    Size 9 in footwear
    34'' waist
    :D

Cheeky bollix! :)

Anybody know Ray Foley's listenership figures? And KC on Red Fm in Cork?

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Cheeky bollix! :)

Anybody know Ray Foley's listenership figures? And KC on Red Fm in Cork?

Ah now thats better:D no cheeky answers from me now.

(And sorry no I don't have the listenership figures)

Can someone tell me if Mary Wilson's drivetime figures include Des Cahill sports show?

Drivetime figures include Mary Wilson, Des Cahill and Dave Fanning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement