Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 8gb GPS options

• 21-08-2008 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Had to get my phone formatted after trying to upgrade software that I downloaded from Nokia site which jammed the phone (nokiasoftwareupdater 2.2.13.0 to be precise). The people at MPRC in Sandyford told me that they have had a lot of N95's that have had to be formatted after having the same problem.

I've set up gps voice navigation again but which positioning server access point should I use? Its currently on vodafone live - is there a less expensive way or is this my only option? I'll be travelling in the UK soon and will be using gps so will live be very expensive if I cannot get coverage from sats?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

depends if your on a data plan or not. If your with Vodafone & have the 500mb data plan for vodafone live then it won't cost you a cent. Make sure the aGPS is set to vodafone live & not vodafone isp or you'll be charged an arm and a leg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Are you using Vista? The Nokia Software Updater doesn't seem to be that stable on Vista but works very well for me on XP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

jessconr wrote: »
    depends if your on a data plan or not. If your with Vodafone & have the 500mb data plan for vodafone live then it won't cost you a cent. Make sure the aGPS is set to vodafone live & not vodafone isp or you'll be charged an arm and a leg!

Not on any data plan at the moment. Can you explain how exactly this works i.e. if I have no satellites in view does the gps work through vodafone live web access?
    matrim wrote: »
    Are you using Vista? The Nokia Software Updater doesn't seem to be that stable on Vista but works very well for me on XP

I'm using XP - the updater seemed to work fine but when I rebooted my phone it came up with "start up failed contact phone retailer". A soft reboot didn't work so I had to have my phone formatted.

Advertisement