Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardwood Front Door manufactured by a Southern province firm - Any experiences?

• 21-08-2008 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Folks,
    Considering buying a hardwood front door from <SNIP>. Quality would appear to be fine, & they're very competitive on price versus local joinerys. Would like to hear though from other punters who may have sourced a hardwood door from them & what their experience was like. Thanks in advance, boots

Mod edit: You should know the rules by now - no names.

Ask the company concerned for testimonials.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Dont know if you're supposed to post queries like this, but since you have I have 5 <SNIP> external doors in my house, 3 solid boarded with long glazed panel and two pairs of glazed double doors. They've been in about 7 years and are absolutely fine, i'm very happy with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No6 wrote: »
    Dont know if you're supposed to post queries like this,
    Spot on.

We'll make a mod of you yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Cheers muffler :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Muffler,
    The company name is still in the title.

Muffler,
    The company name is still in the title.
    Shit :eek:

I was just testing to see if any of you would spot that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 boots1

Apologies folks. Posted just before I bolted from work yesterday evening (shouldn't do that either!!). Anyway, thx for editing & allowing post to proceed.
    No. 6 - thx for the feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

My front door is from the same firm and is grand. all except the threshold but that is because it is fitted badly. Just keep the locking mechanisms oiled and theyll be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

I got an engineered door from them and its in 3 years now, no problems and since its engineered, no warping etc.

Not Ulster, Leinster or connaught !!!!

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Would this company have the same initials as a certain Wacko Jacko? ;)

Would this company have the same initials as a certain Wacko Jacko? ;)
    It was one of their windows that he tried to held the baby out of :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement