Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SI logo

• 21-08-2008 5:57pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been out of the loop in terms of scouts for a year or two and am hoping to re-join my unit again soon... so forgive me for the likely stupid question.

Has the SI logo (the river/path shaped one currently on the site) been finalised as the permanent logo of the group or is a final design still being decided upon?

When I was leaving it was still being treated as the temporary logo and last I heard there was a competition to find a permanent one... the Scouting Ireland website doesn't seem to have any mention of whether the currently logo is only temporary though.

Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hai flogen, long time (etc.)

This is the SI logo:
    180px-Scouting_Ireland_national_logo.png
    As far as i am aware this has been the permanent logo since SI started up (or something like that)

The one that caused all the debate at national council is the emblem. This is the new current emblem (voted in at National Council last year in Killarney IIRC):
    siembl.gif

It's after growing on me, originally i didn't like it at all...

What age group you thinking of going into Flogen?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

That's the one - thanks for clearing that up Dulpit... It is a bit of a grower but it's probably going to look a little odd having two fleur-de-lis based emblems on the scout shirt (Assuming it's going to go on the other pocket as the previous CSI and SAI logos would have); then again it's not really the same design.

As for the age-group, I had been a scout leader before I went away and wouldn't mind going back to that but the scout section in my unit has more than enough male leaders at the moment. So I'm not entirely sure; probably a throw-up between Venturers and Cubs with me leaning slightly towards Venturers - anything but Beavers!

To be honest the only reason I've not re-joined already is because I'm starting a new job soon and won't know my timetable for it until next week - once I know what it's possible for me to do I'll talk to the other leaders and see where bodies are most needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Oh, do venturers, easiest job in the world... (No way i could handle Macaoimh or beavers...)

Good luck either way...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

dulpit wrote: »
    Oh, do venturers, easiest job in the world... (No way i could handle Macaoimh or beavers...)

Good luck either way...

That's true if you've got a decent group who are willing to get stuck in - the ones there at the moment seem to fit that bill but will wait and see!

Advertisement