Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biology experiments

Options
  • 21-08-2008 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

When testing for reducing sugar it says dissolve some glucose in water and add an equal volume of benedict's solution. Equal to what? The glucose or the water. Has anybody seen this glucose? What's it like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Equal to the entire soloutin i think.... It doesnt really matter unless you want to do the experiment yourself. In the write ups in the exam you can just use that wording and get away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

It doesn't really matter as long as you don't add too much or too little. A small splash will do. You're only trying to find the presence of a reducing sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Equal to the water. I think maybe... colourless locuzade would do it :). Just go get some colourless lucozade.

hahahahaha, it's hardly a technical experiment, it's a colour change. I'd just not do it. The book is right most of the time I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 *dream09*

I love the fact I never have to worry about biology experiments again...sweet sweet relief

Advertisement