Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced Entry ....

Options
  • 21-08-2008 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

anyone heard anythin on courses yet ??

i have repeats for an Ordinary degree program startin next week and I havent heard a thing ...

this time last year when I was goin from the cert to the Ordinary degree , I had the "You will be offered a place here if you pass" letters .. but I have nothing so far ...

also ..

because you have to get certain grades to move up the ladder system i dont know for certain if i'll get my 1st 3 choices as they're all honors degree programs ...

however as my fourth .. i hav an alternative Ordinary degree course put down ...

essentially doin 3rd year again

my Cert grades more than cover the grade requirements but do DIT frown upon not progressin up the ladder system ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

30d1a wrote: »
    anyone heard anythin on courses yet ??

i have repeats for an Ordinary degree program startin next week and I havent heard a thing ...

this time last year when I was goin from the cert to the Ordinary degree , I had the "You will be offered a place here if you pass" letters .. but I have nothing so far ...

also ..

because you have to get certain grades to move up the ladder system i dont know for certain if i'll get my 1st 3 choices as they're all honors degree programs ...

however as my fourth .. i hav an alternative Ordinary degree course put down ...

essentially doin 3rd year again

my Cert grades more than cover the grade requirements but do DIT frown upon not progressin up the ladder system ??

Have you spoken to classmates? Usually they offer limited amounts of places depending on how many are in the course currently... It is possible others got in before you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Hey OP.

I came in through Advanced Entry last year into 2nd year. I wasn't coming from a cert though. I was just coming from another uni. I found it very informal, and my 'official' word was an email from the course head telling me what day to come in.

I guess you dont wana say what course you're going for, but PM me if you want a bit more help.

I'm not sure of the paperwork or forms you filled out before - but have you even gotten an interview with anyone in DIT yet? If there is a specific couse you want you should get straight on to the Course Co-Ordinator. It wont be easy considering the time of year, but they might take you in for an interview and just give you the go ahead if the year isn't fully subscribed. Don't worry if they accept you through the other system they wont revoke you because you entered twice!

edit: ****, I read your post wrong - you're going on to an honours degree, right? Sorry, in that case I'm no help - apologies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

Hi,

I just finished a cert and am going onto a degree this coming year in Aungier St.

I passed all my exams and got my required mark. I got a letter around the last week in July offering me a place. I returned the slip attached to the letter saying yes I will take the place.

Since then, nothing. I'd say they'll (hopefully) forward on some info in the comin week or so (if registration is early Sept.).

Also, last year I repeated 2 subjects and was left firmly in the dark. I got my results in the post, and then heard **** all from the college. Eventually found out from classmates when we were back and grabbed a copy of the printed out timetables they leave around the place.

DIT is a joke for info I find. It's usually left up to you to find out info and do a lot of their work for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

It sucks, but its that way in most colleges - treat students like mushrooms, keep them in the dark, and every now and again feed them some **** :)

Enda, I think they wait for the end of the Round 1 offers - once its reached the last day for accepting an offer, they get everyones addresses and send out details. If not, start badgering the college!!

Good luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nemothefish

Hay all,

Im in a symilar situation, Im on an ordinary dregree DT008 from the CAO route, Im hoping for a place on a new Masters programme DT202 masters in Assitve Technology,

I have not heard a thing from them... so I emailed and rang the postgraduate office.. and they are in the dark also.. (Analogy to mushrooms here!!) thay said that they havent heard anyting from the school of computer science...

Im transfering schools

School of Electroincs and communications --> School of Computer science?

SECE were extremely effecnt in how they were run.. is it just SCS thats in efficent??

I should also point out that I also hve 3 repeats...

any ideas???

• Advertisement
Advertisement