Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refill polystyrene beans for beanbag

• 21-08-2008 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where in Ireland I can get these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I am not sure this is a consumer issue !

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

There is a place in Wexford, but I only know from a friend so Id have to get you a number via them, which might take a while.

Im sure somewhere in Dublin must do em too, though, you could phone around a few upholsterers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

What kind of bean bag is it ? There's a bean bag store, Budda Bag, at the back of Jervis Street centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I looked every where for these a about 1 year ago and had no luck whatsoever. If you find a place be sure to post back and let us know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

I looked every where for these a about 1 year ago and had no luck whatsoever. If you find a place be sure to post back and let us know:)

Seems like it's only the US or the UK they are available to buy off the net anyway. Not even in Argos. It would be a bit ridiculous to have it sent from US or UK. There must be somewhere?

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    There is a place in Wexford, but I only know from a friend so Id have to get you a number via them, which might take a while.

Im sure somewhere in Dublin must do em too, though, you could phone around a few upholsterers?

Cool. Thanks for that. Email me on that number for the palkce in Wexfod if you manage to get it. Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

OP not a consumer issue but how and ever http://www.bean-bag.co.uk/ is exactly what your looking for (first result for bean bag refill on google btw :rolleyes:)

sunny2004 wrote: »
    I am not sure this is a consumer issue !

Well where should I have posted this then? I am a consumer and I have an issue, I can't consume :pac:. Lighten up mate! If you didn't have anything constructive to add why did you bother posting at all?
    miju wrote: »
    OP not a consumer issue but how and ever http://www.bean-bag.co.uk/ is exactly what your looking for (first result for bean bag refill on google btw :rolleyes:)

Yeah, this was one of the first sites I looked at when I searched the net initially myself. I did ask in my original post did anybody know anywhere in Ireland I could get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

A company that does cavity wall insulation or foam fill insulation uses loose polystyrene beads and pumps them into the space between the walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

Hey Cyber Dave,

I used to work in IMMA. They have a shed load of bean bag filler in storage. We were always falling over the stuff. I'd say if you could pick it up you could fulfill your wildest bean-related fantasies for free.

• Advertisement

'68 wrote:
    Hey Cyber Dave,

I used to work in IMMA. They have a shed load of bean bag filler in storage. We were always falling over the stuff. I'd say if you could pick it up you could fulfill your wildest bean-related fantasies for free.

Great. Is it the 'Irish Museum of Modern Art'? Can you give me contact details of somebody I could call to pick up a bag of it...

Yeah, thats the place. just ring the front desk and ask for the technical supervisor, i think it's a different guy since my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Breezy72

Hi Dave, did you have nay luck with the bean bag filler? I am on the same search now.

Breezy72 wrote: »
    Hi Dave, did you have nay luck with the bean bag filler? I am on the same search now.

Hi. No, I emailed IMMA, mentioned above in one of the posts, but got no reply. I haven't rang them, because I haven't been up to Dublin in ages. It's seems like the best option. Let me know if you are successful.

I will give them a call and let you know what happens. I phoned Buddha Bag in Jervis Street and while they dont sell filler, the guy said there might be a place on Capel Street that sells it. I will let you know how I get on.

I will give them a call and let you know what happens. I phoned Buddha Bag in Jervis Street and while they dont sell filler, the guy said there might be a place on Capel Street that sells it. I will let you know how I get on.

Please do. Cheers

Hi Dave, I rang the IMMA and they said they'd have a look and get back to me if they had the polystyrene beads. However I didnt hear anything. But I did find a shop on Capel street that sells them for €16 euro per 5 cubic feet. The phone number is 8733162.

Hi Dave, I rang the IMMA and they said they'd have a look and get back to me if they had the polystyrene beads. However I didnt hear anything. But I did find a shop on Capel street that sells them for €16 euro per 5 cubic feet. The phone number is 8733162.

Fair play. Great research, you were definitely more thorough than me. I will keep that number and call in next week when I'm up in Dublin.

Sorry for the dud lead guys:o, when I was in IMMA we were litterally falling over bags of the stuff. Glad to hear you're sorted.
    I doubt people know this but art institutions are the most wasteful places I've worked. If you ever see a skip near a gallery after an exhibition had been deinstalled...get a look in cause it'll probably be full of great stuff for recycling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 colincolin

I'm sure I seen them in a shop there I'll be picking some up myself on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭bionic.laura

Hickeys on Henry Street and Home Focus as they're called around the rest of the country sell bags of beans for bean bags. My Mum works there and made me a huge bean bag using them. They come in 1lb and 5lb bags.

Cool. Thanks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

i bought a huge bag, about 5ft tall!, from Aerobord in County Limerick. Cost about 28euro and will fill about 3 large bean bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dontcallmerosie

Stitch in time in roxboro s.c. Limerick Do bean bags and always havd big bags of the stuff. Not sure if they sel it separate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 CraicAddict

Going to go to Capel St for the beans but where would be the best place to get the fabric and zip, and get it all put together without using my frigid fumbling fingers?
    My sewing disabilities leave nothing to be desired.

Would it be advisable to have two layers in the beanbag to reduce leakages of comfort giving beans??

Thanking you,

C.A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dekko

Thers a lady in Blackrock market selling bean bags and refills. Sell's full and half bags of the beads. You can get her number from the market web site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stitchlily

The Fabric and Furniture Centre in Tralee, Co. Kerry, sell beanbag filling and different kinds of stuffing..Just incase anyone this side of the country is looking....

Their number is 066 7126938

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 zyggy32

I am going to try Home Focus tommorrow. I will let you know how I get on:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭netanyahu

Hello!

I baught 2 gigantic bags of beanbag filler on Capel Street a couple of years ago. It was like, 5 years ago at this stage. The shop was half way down capel street and was an upholsters. I'm sorry I can't be more specific. I think it was 15 pounds for a big bag and we needed two to fill the massive beanbag we had. Hope this is of some help?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 zyggy32

I got a large bag of beans in Home Focus in The Square in Tallaght for 20 Euro.... Happy Days ..... Just in case anyone is looking for Beans :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

I'm joining the bean bag bean hunt - anyone know of any where in Clare I might be able to source a LARGE bag of beans....??

If nowhere in Clare, then I'll be venturing to Dundrum in a couple of weeks so anywhere there would be awesome too!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 barrigone

Try Aerobord in Askeaton co limerick, they would have the aerobord fillers nots beans though

ok at risk of sounding dim - what's aerobord filler? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25 barrigone

No your grand- the polystyrene ones not the actual bean ones. does that help?

ah gotcha (I think) not real beans, which is exactly what I am looking for :) thanks - that's perfect! I forgot that some bean bags are made from real beans DOH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

Got beans from Beanybags.com, same place I got my large beanbag a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,974 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I was just on this hunt myself and google brought up this thread.
    I found this place in Co Cavan...

http://www.airpacks.ie/airpacks-products-and-services/loose-polystyrene-bead

Airpacks
    Kilnaleck, Co. Cavan, Ireland
    Phone: + 353 49 4374000
    Fax: +353 49 4336823

I haven't tried them yet, so I don't know if they sell direct to the public or where their outlets are.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fabrico

I THINK Guineys shops in Talbot St. do them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,974 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I was just on this hunt myself and google brought up this thread.
    I found this place in Co Cavan...

http://www.airpacks.ie/airpacks-products-and-services/loose-polystyrene-bead

Airpacks
    Kilnaleck, Co. Cavan, Ireland
    Phone: + 353 49 4374000
    Fax: +353 49 4336823

I haven't tried them yet, so I don't know if they sell direct to the public or where their outlets are.

Have been on the phone with them since, and 10 cubic feet is €25+VAT including delivery within Ireland.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Advertisement