Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Full Metal Alchemist TV Series Due

Options
  • 21-08-2008 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭

The announcement comes by way of the obi on volume 20 of the manga, and it looks very much like this will be a return to the canonicity of the manga (the earlier leaked title basically gave this away, but was unconfirmed), after the anime wrapped things up prematurely in a manner which left no room for further expansion of the series into new productions
    If the leaked details were all correct, then it would suggest a start in April or so. Bones may or may not be involved, as their leaked info was about third parties

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Varik wrote: »
    The announcement comes by way of the obi on volume 20 of the manga, and it looks very much like this will be a return to the canonicity of the manga (the earlier leaked title basically gave this away, but was unconfirmed), after the anime wrapped things up prematurely in a manner which left no room for further expansion of the series into new productions
    If the leaked details were all correct, then it would suggest a start in April or so. Bones may or may not be involved, as their leaked info was about third parties

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-08-20/new-fullmetal-alchemist-tv-anime-series-confirmed

I really hope this comes to fruition. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

So will this be a remake? I dont really get what your saying

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

He's saying it will be an anime version of the storyline in the manga.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I wasn't expecting that, the anime was pretty much straight from the manga up until the Laboratory 5 incident, although they did take liberties with the chronology, and embellished it a little too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

i don't know but has any anime ever been remade
    if they can continue the closed off ending they might to that

fma was my fav anime and anime dub not sure if was want them to remake as for the most part it stay true to the manga so will it be repeating itself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I loved FMA when I saw it, I thought the story was brilliant but when I read the manga I realised how good it should be. Im looking forward to this new series.

Yeah hopefully it will clean up the rough edges.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

fma was my fav anime and anime dub not sure if was want them to remake as for the most part it stay true to the manga so will it be repeating itself

It didn't stay true to the manga at all. Lots of story changes and filler. It completely broke away into something entirely different at the greed arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Yup two examples I can think of are Ghost in the Shell, the series and film are both set in different universes and more recently a slice of life anime called Minami-Ke had two animes made by two different companies in 2006 and 2007 respectively.

i know them but they are not remakes Ghost in the Shell stand alone complex is a diff story not a remake, it's like the final fantasy games,
    minami-ke , and the othe minami-ke okawari
    okawari is not a remake it continues the story,it is made by someone else but it's not a remake

• Advertisement

also theres a new season of minami-ke coming soon

I suppose a remake of something is better than nothing (for the fans at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Im really excited because I've never read FMA
    but also as the above post says I think that would be nice too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

It did differ in many places for the anime however that said I think the series was great for what it was. Very watchable and moving and the same with the manga.

I'd be happy if I could just find the boxset in cork now *growls*. NOt much interest in anything else coming from this because it could equally be ruined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fripouille

Hi people can anyone please confirm the dates for the convention in D.C.U. in November 2008.Thanks.:cool::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

November 14th-16th.

www.eirtakon.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fripouille

Many thanks:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

robby^5 wrote: »
    Yup two examples I can think of are Ghost in the Shell, the series and film are both set in different universes and more recently a slice of life anime called Minami-Ke had two animes made by two different companies in 2006 and 2007 respectively.

Hellsing Ultimate is a perfect example as well... Loved the original series, but this proved that I'd be happy to watch the beginning of it all over again if done well.

Slightly off topic, but I still haven't gotten around to watching the FMA film... Is it worth a watch?

I'd be happy if I could just find the boxset in cork now *growls*. NOt much interest in anything else coming from this because it could equally be ruined.

there is no boxset only vols here (region 2)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

tman wrote: »

Slightly off topic, but I still haven't gotten around to watching the FMA film... Is it worth a watch?

I wasn't too into it to be honest. I loved the way the series ended so thought it was slightly unnecessary. I just loved the way it left you goin "WTF?? What now?". Depends what you're into for an ending though.

Advertisement