Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners carpentry course

Options
  • 21-08-2008 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Was wonering does anyone know if there is somewhere in limerick that does a kind of beginners DIY carpentry course. Don't want anything too advanced, just like to get a bit better working with timber...apprecaite any help...S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

There is a book issued at this time of the year with all the new evening classes starting in Limerick. You can usually pick up a copy of the book for free in Easons.

Per another thread - the book is available in Gleesons on the corner of Catherine Street and Glenworth Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

FAS maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

I was looking for a similar course and got the book of Night Classes in Easons the other day. There doesn't appear to be any kind of night class on anywhere in the local area :(

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Souness

Thanks for yeer replies,
    georgem25 wrote: »
    Per another thread - the book is available in Gleesons on the corner of Catherine Street and Glenworth Street.

saw the thread before I posted and went down after. Couldn't find it and asked the lad behind the counter and he didn't know what I was talking about.

Delphi91, shame there isn't, there was one in Ennis alright.

Where abouts is the booklet in Easons?, have a look to see whats out there.

• Advertisement

Souness wrote: »
    ...Delphi91, shame there isn't, there was one in Ennis alright.

Where abouts is the booklet in Easons?, have a look to see whats out there.

I got it at the main cash desk on the ground floor. It was left there and its free so there's no problem taking one. I'd say it's probably in O'Mahonys also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Kablam

On this weeks post there is an ad for night classes in the cresent comp starting in sept, fairly sure i saw something about wood work....

The evening classes book was available in The Paper Shop in Crescent SC today - loads on the newpaper stand

Kablam wrote: »
    On this weeks post there is an ad for night classes in the cresent comp starting in sept, fairly sure i saw something about wood work....

Crescent Comp are doing a course in Wood Carving - maybe that's what you saw?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Souness

Just reviving this as got thinking about this again and still have to come across a carpentry course in limerick. Anyone find one anywhere nearby? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Please do not drag up old threads

If you wish, start a new one.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement