Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damage & drive off

Options
  • 21-08-2008 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

Some dirtbag reversed into my car on my own driveway yesterday damaging the paint & trim on my bumper. What's worse is that I only had it resprayed 5 weeks ago to tidy up some stone chips. :mad:

What kind of person does this kind of damage & drives off?

Another €200 or so down the tubes,I'm pi$$ed off (& just venting):mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,914 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did you check ALL your neighbours cars? The most likely to reverse in to your driveway is a neighbour that parks on the road using it to turn around. Go scouting tonight with a camera and take photos of anything that matches any paint marks / similar damage; then call the Guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

There's a Creche across the road from me & it is most likely one of those.

I'll be working from home (from the driveway to be precise) tomorrow & keeping an eye out for a silver car. There was silver paint deposited. I think they were avoiding hitting my bin (it was bin day yesterday) but hit the car instead!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sorry to hear that Rebel - hope you get the batsard...:mad:

Similar thing happened to me - destroyed a door and then drove off.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

I Sooooo love these people :mad: you have my sympathy...
    Had the same thing happen last week..some nice person with a black Volvo left the imprint of their towbar in my front bumper...luckly (the only +) the paint was not damaged and it should come out with a heatgun....
    The folks in a near by shop missed the number plate...

But I do Believe in Karma!! You'll get yours Jimmy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

This has happened to me twice in recent months, but I was lucky enought to get the person who did it both times. I feel your pain but they will eventually get their come-uppance (with a bit of luck you'll be there when it happens).

Mind you, some people here would blame you for parking inconsiderately in your driveway..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Why weren't you parked further up your driveway and away from the road? And they had to dodge your bin when was in their way. And then you blame the other driver when you could have avoided this. :pac: :D

Hope you get it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Happened to me also....turned out to be a mate who didn't realise he'd done it as he had the music so loud in his car. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

micmclo wrote: »
    Why weren't you parked further up your driveway and away from the road? And they had to dodge your bin when was in their way. And then you blame the other driver when you could have avoided this. :pac: :D

Hope you get it sorted

Ah thats ridiculous ... Why don't you put plastic all over your floor incase you spill your tea :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Sheesh Rebel, of all people to have this happen, it has to be a genuine enthusiast such as yourself :( If it helps, I've the number of a guy who can flash in bumper panels for less than it would cost to do the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Thanks Ned, I use Ivor Trinder for my paint work. He hasn't seen me wrong yet.

I've ordered the trim pieces already this morning, thought it was a good opportunity to renew all the black trim on bumper. Luckily they didn't catch the lower black trim M splitter. Between weddings, budgets & exams it couldn't have come at a worse time.:(
    The last time I just stripped the bumper completely & dropped it in on it's own. Kept the car at home, guaranteed no over-spray!;)

You've been off-line for a while?

• Advertisement
Advertisement