Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying AIB Credit Card through NIB online banking

Options
  • 21-08-2008 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried paying their AIB credit card through NIB online? I know you can pay bills through them by entering the sort code + account number and then the reference number in the Reference line - but the AIB giro slips don't give an account number - just a sort code.

Does this mean I just need to enter their sort code on the account line and put the Visa card number on the Reference line?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No, there is an account number that you need also

I'm sure it used to be in the statement. If not, ring 01 6685500 for Customer Service and they'll have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

Does the giro have a "Collection A/V No"? That's what appears on my BOI Visa and I use it as the account no. I've no problem paying from NIB.

Safest to ring though.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

The account number is on the slip, up from the code line at the bottom.
    It's a generic account number 00000001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I know with most online services you select the company from a list and then enter your reference number next to it. Does NIB not have such a setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

aw wrote: »
    The account number is on the slip, up from the code line at the bottom.
    It's a generic account number 00000001.

I was wondering if that was the account number or not - I noticed that number. I'll give them a call just to make sure, though.

NIB doesn't have a drop down list of companies - instead they appear to have a more generic set up such that as long as the company has a sort code, account number and reference number, you can send them a payment.

I kind of like that idea as I was with Ulster Bank before that and I had no way of paying an AIB visa bill through them, only their pre-selected set of bills.

• Advertisement
Advertisement