Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Mayo

Options
  • 21-08-2008 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Has anyone cycled this before??

To east Mayo specifically. From the road signs it says its 211km.

Do you reckon it could be done in a day??

Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

I did it in 2 stages last year Westport to Dublin.

145km each day. It's very boring road, I went through Castlebar and Athlone...Some stretches are just up and down, you know those little hills and very straight.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Did Blackrock to Ballina, (159 miles)............maybe '83, sometime like that. Brother lived and still lives there.

Seven and a half hours to Ballina, slight, and I mean slight, head wind. I was racing at the time, as in, a club, Hibernia (disbanded). Slight headwind meant alot. Got back quicker though. Tailwind.
    Do able. Flat...ish.
    Actually, cycled to Enniscrone (18) the next day to get rid of the lactic. Loosen up job.

For what it's worth, left the house, May Bank Holiday weekend, 6:45am. Plenty of time.

I used to train for that gig by doing Portlaoise and back a few times. You'd want to be the modern "Blorg" to handle that trip now.

Advertisement