Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remington 700 lv sf

Options
  • 21-08-2008 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

hi lads i'm tradin my weihrauch .22 hornet for a .223, i was looking around and i'm thinkin of buying a remington 700 lv sf, it comes with a scope and a bipod new for about 1500, just wondering does this price sound reasonable or is this gun worth buying, any info from anybody who has one of these or has used one will be a great help,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

ormondprop wrote: »
    hi lads i'm tradin my weihrauch .22 hornet for a .223, i was looking around and i'm thinkin of buying a remington 700 lv sf, it comes with a scope and a bipod new for about 1500, just wondering does this price sound reasonable or is this gun worth buying, any info from anybody who has one of these or has used one will be a great help,

I would think the Remington 700 Heavy Barrel Varmint would be better, it is an extremely accurate rifle. My friend got one next to new for 500 euro.

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

i looked at most the remingtons but found the varmint models heavy, the lv sf has a heavy barrell so should be as accurate but has it fluted to lose weight so i'm really tempted by it but it is pricey, dats my only hold back at the moment, unless anybody out there has any bad stories about them, which varmint model was it your friend bought? was it the sps varmint

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

i looked at most the Remington's but found the varmint models heavy, the lv sf has a heavy barrell so should be as accurate but has it fluted to lose weight so i'm really tempted by it but it is pricey, dats my only hold back at the moment, unless anybody out there has any bad stories about them, which varmint model was it your friend bought? was it the sps varmint

It was the 700 VLS .308, a beautifully rifle to shoot, extremely accurate.

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Does anyone know whether the calibres listed for each model on the Remington site are an exhaustive list? If so, their lefty models are pretty restrictive in calibre selection.

she looks like a lovely rifle alrite, wow dats a good price was it old wen he got it or where did he buy it, its still nearly 3lbs heavier then the lv sf, and that would make a lot of difference when i'm luggin it around a wet field on a rainy night ;) the lv sf also has a heavy barrell aswell so shouldn't be much difference in accuracy, what are the other remingtons like to ude, the BDL or VSF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭medicman

hi there, i have a remengton 700 vs sf 11, .223, its heavy, but very accurate, hope this helps a bit.

medicman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

I see Millards are offering a howa synthetic stock in .223 or.243 with a swift 4.5-14x44 milldot scope bases and mounts for only €850.
    haven't used a howa but from what I've read their not to bad at all! So if youre on a thight budget sounds ideal.

thanks lads, i'm gettin offered hardly any money for my hornet even though its spotless and a lovely gun so i think i'll just hold on to it now

The problem with the Hornet is the price of the ammo compared to the .223 hence lads are not so keen on them. But they are alovely little gun to shoot. Have you dropped in to Paul O halrahan in Drangan about a trade in. He's a sound lad to deal with and is well priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

PM SENT

• Advertisement

thanks for the PM boc, ya i was in wit paul and he wasn't offering me much for my hornet so i think i'll just hold on to it until i can sell it privately, i'm trying to rope one of my friends in2 buying it so i'll see how that goes before buying anything else, has anybody here shot a howa before to see what they are like? i checked them out online and they look good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I've been led to believe by someone who generaly knows what he's talking about that Howa has been making barrels and other parts and even complete rifles for other well known brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Sika_Stalker

I've been led to believe by someone who generaly knows what he's talking about that Howa has been making barrels and other parts and even complete rifles for other well known brands.

weatherby vanguard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

weatherby vanguard

Which have a 1.5MOA accuracy guarantee I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Sika_Stalker

not a bad looking rifle either

they look nice alright anyone know where you can buy them here or roughly the price of them

If you contact Millards directly they will tell you who stocks them at the offer price and if there's no one in your area they'll sort you out themselves. you can get their number in any edition of the Irish Shooters Digest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

they look nice alright anyone know where you can buy them here or roughly the price of them

Saw one, a Howa varmint that is, in Stakelums in Urlingford a few weeks back. Give Sean a ring.

thanks any idea roughly what price it was selling for

Advertisement