Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Onkyo 875 Set Up

• 21-08-2008 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was hoping that one of the good forum members might be able to provide some guidance on the set up of my Onkyo 875.

What I'm trying to set up:

Sony TV with 3 HDMI
    Original XBox 360 (no HDMI)
    PS3
    Cable box (not digital)
    Onkyo Ipod dock

Here's how I've set it up so far:

PS3 - HDMI to HDMI IN1 on the 875 and then HDMI to TV
    Cable - scart to TV, and audio and video connected to the "CBL/Sat In" input
    Onkyo Ipod Dock - Audio and video connected to the "Game/TV" input
    XBox 360 - optical cable to Digital Optical IN1, component to "Component In3". Based on the user manaul, I should be putting the video connection into the "Game/TV" input but given that this is already assigned to the Ipod dock, can I use the "Aux 1" input

I would wecome some feedback if this set up isn't correct.

In addition how do I get this set up assigned properly "in and out" on the 875 ie) optical/HDMI to DVD/Aux 1 etc

Thanks in advance,
    Conor.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Conor,

If the Cable box has RGB Scart (or an S-Video socket), you can connect the cable box to the Onkyo using S-Video (use a Scart adapter from Maplins with an SVideo socket on it if needed) and let the Onkyo upscale the S-video and output it through the HDMI out. You can even use the composite video from the cable box using a scart adaptor and let the Onkyo upscale this to HDMI - you need to set the Onkyo to HDMI Monitor setting to "yes" - see pages 28 and 46 in the manual for details. This would eliminate the need for scart to TV and you'll proably get better viseo quality from the Onkyo's upscaling.
    In addition how do I get this set up assigned properly "in and out" on the 875 ie) optical/HDMI to DVD/Aux 1 etc

I'm not sure I understand this question......... If you're referring to the Xbox, the business of assigning the Component Video input is on page 50 in the manual, assigning the digital inputs is dealt with on page 52. You should be assigning the Digital In 1 and the Component Video In 3 to the same "source" on the Onkyo - when you select that source you should be getting audio and video from the Xbox. HDMI input setup (which you can also assign to a source) is dealt with on page 48 of the manual.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

The Ritz wrote: »
    Conor,

If the Cable box has RGB Scart (or an S-Video socket), you can connect the cable box to the Onkyo using S-Video (use a Scart adapter from Maplins with an SVideo socket on it if needed) and let the Onkyo upscale the S-video and output it through the HDMI out. You can even use the composite video from the cable box using a scart adaptor and let the Onkyo upscale this to HDMI - you need to set the Onkyo to HDMI Monitor setting to "yes" - see pages 28 and 46 in the manual for details. This would eliminate the need for scart to TV and you'll proably get better viseo quality from the Onkyo's upscaling.

I'm not sure I understand this question......... If you're referring to the Xbox, the business of assigning the Component Video input is on page 50 in the manual, assigning the digital inputs is dealt with on page 52. You should be assigning the Digital In 1 and the Component Video In 3 to the same "source" on the Onkyo - when you select that source you should be getting audio and video from the Xbox. HDMI input setup (which you can also assign to a source) is dealt with on page 48 of the manual.

Ritz.

Thanks Ritz - much appreciated.

I got it sorted.

Many thanks
    Conor

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

No prob......... :)

Ritz

Advertisement