Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Such thing as a dive refresher course ?

• 21-08-2008 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Quick question........
    I got my Padi open water license about 7 years ago ...
    I managed to get a few dives in when I got the dive license.. but unfortunately have done nothing since..

Do I need to resit the exam etc (Paying Full Fees) ? Or whats the best way to get back in action ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

You need to do a Scuba Review (an hour in the classroom, and a confined water dive), and I recommend that you do an Orientation dive also - should cost in the region of €120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

Agreed, especially as you've been out of the water for a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

We're a 28 year old couple that got our PADI Open Water licenses in Thailand about 4 years ago and did a few dives that year and then did some dives in South Africa the next year.

We did a refresher course in South Africa before diving as we're not interested in taking any chances and want to be sure everything's nice and fresh in our minds when we dive.

We're going to be doing a cruise in the Western Caribbean this November and it seems there's some really great dive sites around there so it would be a shame to miss the opportunity.

Is there somewhere around Dublin that we could do a refresher course and orientation dive with at a weekend at this time of year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Try OceanDivers in Dun Laoghaire. They run them all the time. The Scuba Review is a pool session on an evening during the week, either in the NAC in Blanchardstown, or Glenalbyn Pool in Stillorglin.

Advertisement