Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N96

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

I've said it before and I'll say it again..

Dont touch the N96!
    Nokia will do the exact same thing they did with the N93 and N95

I got burned shelling out a fortune for an N93 when it first came out only to see the improved N93i released after a few months
    And same thing with N95...to N95 8gb which I had the sense to wait for

Wait until they iron out all the bugs with the N96 and throw in a decent battery and release the N96i 24gb or whatever they decide to call it.

I get what you're saying but couldn't you say that about pretty much every phone that comes out.
    Every bit of technology even
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

While all technology does become outdated, or in this case, is merely improved on. I think the post was diected towards the very quick improvement of more storage and ironing out bugs. In the case of an n96, you'd be better buying an n95 now or when the 96 comes out, or waiting a few months after the n96 comes out and there will probably eb an announcement of an improvement.

Always reminds me of a friend of mine. Just when iPods were beginning to take off over here, he bought one. Was very happy with it, except that the day after he bought his, apple announced a price fall. We all expected the price to fall, but so soon after buying one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 solosailor

I was going to wait for the N96 but just couldnt and got the N95 8gb instead, some great deals out there now on them and I cant fault it really.

Only problem I am having is trying to get podcasts as the search facility isnt great and doesnt find many irish ones

4Xcut wrote: »
    While all technology does become outdated, or in this case, is merely improved on. I think the post was diected towards the very quick improvement of more storage and ironing out bugs. In the case of an n96, you'd be better buying an n95 now or when the 96 comes out, or waiting a few months after the n96 comes out and there will probably eb an announcement of an improvement.

Exactly, Nokia seem to be getting into a habit of releasing phones to the public that are not fully tested. Then they look at whatever bugs are getting the most complaints and issue firmware to correct it.

Getting Joe Public to do your field tests after he paying a fair wad of cash for the device is scummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Exactly, Nokia seem to be getting into a habit of releasing phones to the public that are not fully tested. Then they look at whatever bugs are getting the most complaints and issue firmware to correct it.

Getting Joe Public to do your field tests after he paying a fair wad of cash for the device is scummy!

You are so right. Ive gone right off Nokia after my xperience with my last couple of nokias. There was a time i would only buy nokia, but now i wont touch them as new models are just not worth the trouble they give.
    I had to send my N73 back to 3 on 3 different occasions to have the firmware updated. Each time i was without a phone for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

If nokia released phones with tested firmware then they would have no problems. Its not only 3 nokias that have had problems with buggy software. Its all over the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 w8nomore

Just seen the omnia is in stock http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=223

€740 tho' sim free

Saw some previous threads about buying sim free in Italy, is the price there so much cheaper?! Would it be much cheaper to get a ryanair flight, buy phone and come home???

Obviously I have way bigger problems than this but I don't like to focus on them ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I completely agree and have been saying this for years. Nokia use the public to test their products instead of using their own testing team to fully carry out testing.

Nokia 6630 => 6680
    Nokia N93 => N93i
    Nokia N95 => N95 8GB

Advertisement