Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrapping / Salvage / Parts

Options
  • 21-08-2008 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Just moved over from UK and am registering/numberplating our two cars. Thing is, I want to get rid of one of them, (a 1998 406 estate full leather etc) as it needs a new clutch and I don't fancy spedning out on it and then waiting an age to sell in the poor second hand market. Does anyone know of a dealer or scrap merchant or chancer who takes on these kinds of projects? Am I better holding onto and selling for parts? It's on a 'yellow plate' now but as I've owned for ages and there's no VRT to pay I can have it registered easily enough. Be grateful for any ideas or contacts. I'm in Bray county Wicklow. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If your selling the parts and the seats fit a xantia I'd be interested in them. (I'd have to do some digging to see if the seats are common between the two)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 beej

Yeah dig away and see if they'll fit. They're in pretty good nick. Thanks.

Advertisement