Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that it's Obama Vs. McCain, New Poll:

Options
  • 21-08-2008 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭

You'll notice that Ron Paul is not an option, to my chagrin.

EDIT: Can't seem to make a poll, either that or the old autism is kicking in again.

Well, damn it anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Whats the point since the only one who would of made a difference is now out of the race. Americans might aswell bend over now for another 4 years of eroision of civil libs & all the other crap that comes with the "war on terror" how the feck can you have have a war on a tatic as that is all it is.

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."

Daniel Webster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Ron Paul?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I remember a film scene from "Master and Commander" starring Russel Crowe as captain. He posed a question to the ship's medical doctor, when pointing to two weevils that were eating their bread on a plate before them during dinner. The lines went something like this...

Captain: "If you had to make a choice between the two weevils, which one would you choose?"

Doctor: "The one of the left appears to be longer, larger, and more robust; yes, the bigger one!"

Captain: "But doctor, in the navy we always choose the lesser of two weevils!" (referring to the fact that the smaller one would eat less of their dinner)

So following this sage advice, the US Americans should pick the lesser of two weevils, the smaller one being Paris Hilton Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

So following this sage advice, the US Americans should pick the lesser of two weevils, the smaller one being Paris Hilton Obama.

Nice little piece but thats hollywood tripe starring Russel Crowe ffs

That also suggests that these is a lesser evil, what if they are both just as evil?

One question I have to ask you is why Obama is always going on about "change" yet does he ever say what that change is?
    Surely someone who mentions change so much knows what he wants to change or maybe he just dosen't know or hasn't been told yet.
    I think its just a change in feckin skin colour or maybe he will do what whacko did, of course only with his masters bidding.(please don't take this as a racist remark I only belive in 2 races those with money/power & those without money/power)

Tbh Bush just needs to go & they need the stop all the crazy crap thats happening there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KStcnLAqzHI&feature=related

There is hundreds of these "camps" been built & prepared & this is just the tip of the iceberg. Just look at how they are ignoring the constitution with the Patriot act & countless presidential amendments. Do some searchs in youtube/google etc & look at what the FEMA/DHS(homeland security) & DEA are up to.

Ron Paul was without a doubt the most staunch consititutionalist that the USA has had for a long time and promised to uphold it & meant it unlike Bush who uses it as toilet paper at best. I don't belive Obama has the conviction or experience to do anything about the mess Bush(if he even relinquishes power) has made. Also worth checking out REX 84 so if say a natural disaster, nuclear explosion or a "terrorist attack" happens then they could implement marshal law & deal with all the "dissenters" that they fear.

History repeats itself unless we learn from it and do all we can to stop it but sometimes it just ain't enough.

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;

And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Just use this poll.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055215523&page=13

You can add all the republican votes together if that makes you feel better as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

But theres no option to vote for Yor: The Hunter From The Future

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

You can add all the republican votes together if that makes you feel better as well.

TBH, if US republicans wanted to feel better they could simply read the actual polls as opposed to the boards.ie one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Hobbes wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055215523&page=13

Not a guaranteed result, mind. Before the silly season started and candidates were knocked out, I would have picked from the "D" list. Of the remaining two, I'm going "R"

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

As of now, my vote will probably be for McCain (but I’m waiting to see who he picks for VP)… definitely not the JoeBama ticket.

Advertisement