Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA/UK air rifles

Options
  • 22-08-2008 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Can you order air rifles from the USA/UK?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Hairy Hunter

Hi Pop,

Simple answer is yes, I have done it, but like everything else firearms related in this country, it takes TIME.:(

The best way to go about it IMHO is to do it through your local friendly firearms dealer, as there is a good bit of papier work involved ( import liciences and such ) and the process works better if it goes through a RFD.

What type of Airrifle are you looking for? Perhaps there is already an agent in the country?

I got a Gunpower SSS/Condor .22 PCP imported from gunpower UK. I would imagine that there would be even more papier work\crap if it from USA.

ATB

HH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Our old mate CG posted a very detailed account a year or so ago, of the procedure for importing firearms from the USA-
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055127595

I'd be of the opinion that unless the firearm you're thinking of was very special/unavailable here or particularly valuable, it's probably more trouble than it's worth when compared to choosing something that's available over the counter here.

Advertisement