Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiership,etc 23/24/25 August

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭offaly4sam

Did a few accums.

Blackburn
    Aston Villa
    Arsenal

pays 9/2

Blackburn
    Liverpool
    Newcastle
    Aston Villa
    Spurs
    Arsenal

pays 17/1

Also did

Bolton
    Sunderland
    Middlesborough

pays 248/1 worth a euro or 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Blackburn look easy enough money. Hull weren't great away from home in the Championship last year so Blackburn could well be a step too far.

Also liking the look of Newcastle above evens. Confidenca has to be high after the result at Man Utd and they have a better squad than Bolton so if Collocini can settle the defence they should pull out a win at 2.14.

Also think there's massive value in West Brom against an injury ravaged Everton who just couldn't buy a single player this season at 2.8. Might look at the odds for a DNB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just thrown this Lucky 63 into the mix (total stake 3.60)

Blackburn v Hull City Draw 3.60
    Ipswich v Wolves Draw 3.25
    Middlesbrough 8.50
    Bolton 4.50
    Swansea 2.87
    Tottenham v Sunderland Draw 3.75

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

First bet in a while......

Santa Clause to score first @ 4/1
    Arsenal/Villa/Blackburn treble @ 4.44

My ma also had me put €20 of my money on Sunderland to win @ 11/2 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Did a trixie on the following;

Spurs/Sunderland - draw - 11/4
    West Brom/Everton - draw - 11/5
    Newastle to beat Bolton - 4/5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Special:
    Newcastle
    Villa
    Arsenal 9/2

Blackburn
    Pool
    Newcastle
    Villa
    Arsenal

Dave! wrote: »
    My ma also had me put €20 of my money on Sunderland to win @ 11/2 :o

Well worth a punt at that price.

Tottenham are very much overpriced so the bet isn't terrible Dave. Having said that though Sunderland are terrible away from home.

I've gone for West Brom at 15/8 (Hacketts)
    Necastle at 2.16(Betfair)
    and a treble of Liverpool @ 1.42,Blackburn @ 1.64, Birmingham @ 1.42 at 3.29 all of the same stake

Might have a small bit of Fulham as well if one of those comes through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

my god... villa really letting the side down here. they better get there **** together, or im seriously out of pocket :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

cant believe villa are still 1-0 down....oh dear oh dear. im in trouble!!
    53 mins gone......
    Come on VILLA FFS

EDIT- 1-1(20 MINS LEFT)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

€130 return on that Sunderland bet! Nice! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Sick as a dog, Villa lost thus losing meself and a few mates a combined total of €390 quid.

It's going to be a tight week!

Spurs have been anemic so far, could be worth punting against/draws for many games this season.

Mike

I dunno, think they will pick up once their midfield gets used to each other and the Berbatov situation is sorted. Middlesbrough are looking very good though. Unlucky today and the Mido Tuncay move earlier in the match was gorgous.

Well my betting weekend has been shi-te, returns of 80c on €3.60 and €2.38 from about 20 euro on my other bet.

Looking at Chelsea/St Pats/Corinthians and Palmerias for tomorrow.

Nice Nordic treble - IF Elfsborg/Tromso/Fredrikstad

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xavi6 wrote: »
    1 Celtic v Falkirk (Backing Celtic @ 1.21)
    2 Birmingham v Barnsley (Backing Birmingham @ 1.45)
    3 PSV v Feyenoord (Backing PSV OR The Draw @ 1.21)
    4 Lyon v Grenoble (Backing Lyon @ 1.28)
    5 Oldham v Cheltenham (Backing Oldham OR The Draw @ 1.18)

Handy little winner there. No need for sticking the draws in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Great weekend ( for the bookies!), prob too early in the season for form readings.

Lampard to score in 90 minutes and Chelsea win=> 9/4 for a bit of order to be restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Portsmouth to beat United tomorrow.
    Worth a small bet at 15-4.
    Not too impressed at what I've seen from United and they really are a blunt object without Ronaldo.
    Kippy

no messing around for me today. chelsea to win. thats it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Chelsea @ 1.52 betfair and also Chelsea / Kerry double - just over evens

And Coastal Path @ 4-5 - 3.45 Deauville

Need these to come in to cover a nightmare day yesterday - Blackburn were the team that done me BTW i see a load of people had Villa backed - saw the highlights their defense is a nightmare- could be a team for high scoring games this year -11 in first 2

ok couldnt help meself- did a quick acum for tonight

st.pats
    boardeax
    beskitas
    inter milan

around 7.5/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

ok couldnt help meself- did a quick acum for tonight

st.pats
    boardeax
    beskitas
    inter milan

around 7.5/1

went with u to have an interest.... lets hope u know about french and turkish form..:D

corban wrote: »
    went with u to have an interest.... lets hope u know about french and turkish form..:D

oh dear beskitas 2-0 down...ah well:mad:

holy crap, they came back and won 3-2 with 10 mins to go.

Inter let me down. dam it jose!! conceded a goal in the 90 min...... AAAGHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Invincible

I just backed Everton to win,with Ladbrokes on Friday at Kilbeggan @ 6/4.
    It made up for no winners at the races:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

oh dear beskitas 2-0 down...ah well:mad:

holy crap, they came back and won 3-2 with 10 mins to go.

Inter let me down. dam it jose!! conceded a goal in the 90 min...... AAAGHHHHHH

unlucky, i like your style though, and may follow u again, no pressure :D

I know its aftertiming but I got me money back and more with a two accs

Chelsea/St Pats/Tromso and Odd Grenland/Palmerias/Sanderfjord/Fredrikstrad (win and draw).

It pays to cast your net far and wide. The Nordic and Brazilian leagues don't lack decent oppotunities once you get to know know the form.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

mike65 wrote: »
    I know its aftertiming but I got me money back and more with a two accs

Chelsea/St Pats/Tromso and Odd Grenland/Palmerias/Sanderfjord/Fredrikstrad (win and draw).

It pays to cast your net far and wide. The Nordic and Brazilian leagues don't lack decent oppotunities once you get to know know the form.

Mike.

Anybody have any bets tonight Portsmouth v Man U? I done three, Man U to win 1-0 11/2, and 2-0 7/1 and draw 1-1 11/2.Its going to be a tight game, Man U missing firepower up front, dont think theyl concede much and just CANT see them losing with Chelsea and Liverpool around the corner they cant afford to.So I think i have all the scores covered.

I know Tevez is back but I wouldn't be too confident of an away victory myself. That said I have no idea about Pompeys readiyness.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Portsmouth v Man Utd
    Venue: Fratton Park Date: Monday, 25 August Kick-off: 2000 BST
    Coverage: BBC Sport website and BBC Radio Five Live

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez is available after a family bereavement kept him out of the draw with Newcastle on the opening day of the season.

Anderson will be back from the Olympics but may not be rushed into action, while John O'Shea may deputise for Michael Carrick, and Nani is banned.

Portsmouth midfielder Niko Kranjcar is a major doubt after picking up an injury playing for Croatia.

But Lassana Diarra has recovered from a knee injury suffered against Chelsea.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Foster, Brown, Neville, R Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, F Da Silva, Fletcher, O'Shea, Scholes, Possebon, Gibson, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez, Campbell, Welbeck.

Portsmouth (from): James, Johnson, Campbell, Distin, Hreidarsson, Utaka, Diop, Diarra, Kranjcar, Little, Defoe, Crouch, Kaboul, Thomas, A Traore, Sahar, Lauren, Mvuemba, Davis, Hughes, Ashdown.

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp:
    "I always look forward to these games and we have a tremendous record against United at Fratton Park.

"Last season we did not lose at home to any of the big four. The key is to match their work-rate

"Sure, it looks a really big test for us now but I think we are still a very good team at home and we will take some beating. United won't relish coming here. They never do."

Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher:
    "It might work to my advantage that so many players are out of the team.

"We have a lot of players out just now - and when we are short of numbers, you need to take your opportunities.

"There is so much quality in the squad we all know if you do not perform the manager will have you straight out of the team.

"But, as we have seen plenty of times before, the manager will stick by you if you do the job he needs."

BIG-MATCH FACTS
    The European and domestic league champions and the FA Cup winners meet for the second time in a fortnight; both seeking their first Premier League win.

Portsmouth are hoping to avoid a Premier League club record sixth successive defeat; if held, Manchester United would replicate last season by drawing their first two games.

Pompey met the so called 'Big Four' in their first six fixtures last season; the Red Devils must visit two of them in their next two league outings (Liverpool on 13 September and Chelsea on the 21st).

This match brings together the two oldest managers in the Premier League; Sir Alex Ferguson and Harry Redknapp have a combined age of 127, with the Red Devils' boss the senior by five years, at 66 years of age.

The Fratton Park club were seven places and 30 points inferior to the champions last season; United won 11 more matches, scored 32 more goals and conceded 18 fewer.

Portsmouth have won three of the five Premier League matches against Manchester United at Fratton Park and lost just once; that defeat being 1-3 on 11 February 2006 - Ruud van Nistelrooy scored United's first and Cristiano Ronaldo got the other two.

CLUB FORM
    PORTSMOUTH

Club stats
    Fixtures
    2007-08 Premier League performance
    Last season's finishing position: 8th
    This season: (going into the weekend) 20th 0 points

1. Kicked off the league campaign with a 4-0 defeat away to Chelsea; the heaviest loss of the nine on the opening weekend of the Premier League season.

2. Not scored in two (all comps); the 0-0 draw with Manchester United in the Community Shield, preceded the visit to Stamford Bridge.

3. Lost the last five league games; against Manchester City (a), Blackburn (h), Middlesbrough (a), Fulham (h) and Chelsea (a).

4. On the longest current sequence without a Premier League goal of four matches.

5. Not scored in 426 minutes (seven hours six minutes) of top-flight football since John Utaka's goal against Manchester City on 20 April; their only goal in six outings.

6. Winless in six; drawn one and lost five Premier League matches since prevailing 0-1, away to West Ham on 8 April.

7. A draw would bring their total of points in two spells under Harry Redknapp to 200 in the Premier League, and 300 in the Premier and Football League combined.

8. Only lost their first two fixtures of a Premier League season once; that was in 2005-06, against Tottenham (h) and West Brom (a). It took five games to register a first victory in that campaign.

9. Did not manage to defeat a 'Big Four' club last season (four draws, four defeats). Not beaten a member of the elite quartet of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United since the 2-1 home victory over the Merseysiders on 28 April 2007.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Club stats
    Fixtures
    2007-08 Premier League performance
    Last season's finishing position: 1st, two points clear
    This season: (going into the weekend) 10th 1 point

1. Started the Premier League season with a 1-1 draw, home to Newcastle.

2. It was the seventh time in 17 Premier League seasons they had failed to win their initial fixture.

3. Failed to win one of their first two fixtures just three times in this league in 1992, 1998 and 2007.

4. Now completed the equivalent of an entire league season of 38 matches without a goalless draw; their last no score stalemate was home to Reading on the opening day last term, 12 August 2007.

5. Scored at least one goal in each of the last 25 league matches, since the 1-0 loss, away to Bolton, on 24 November 2007.

KEY PLAYER NOTES
    PORTSMOUTH

Jermain DEFOE needs a double to total 100 career league goals (West Ham, Bournemouth, Tottenham and Portsmouth).

If he plays:-

Glen JOHNSON will be playing two days after his 24th birthday.

MANCHESTER UNITED

If selected:-

Wes BROWN will be making his 200th Premier League appearance - all in a Manchester United shirt.

If on the field from the outset:-

Gary NEVILLE will be making his 350th Premier League start for Manchester United.

Suspended:-

Luis NANI (one match)

HEAD TO HEAD
    Portsmouth and Manchester United met three times last season. United drew at Fratton Park and then won at Old Trafford in the league. But Portsmouth had the upper hand in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup. A 78th minute penalty from Sulley Ali Muntari was the difference between the sides as Pompey took another step towards Wembley.

Home and away
    League (inc PL): Portsmouth 17 wins, Man United 24, Draws 13
    Prem: Portsmouth 3 wins, Man United 6, Draws 1

at Portsmouth only
    League (inc PL): League: Portsmth 11 wins, Man United 6, Draws 10
    Prem: Portsmouth 3 wins, Man United 1, Draws 1

LAST SEASON'S CORRESPONDING GAME
    Portsmouth 1-1 Manchester United
    15 August 2007 - Ref: Steve Bennett
    Portsmouth scorer: Mwaruwari 53
    Man Utd scorer: Scholes 15
    Sent Off: Muntari (Portsmouth) 83, Ronaldo (Man Utd) 85

Smells like a draw but i'd leave it alone tbh.

Limerick 37 And Draw
    Cork City
    Valerenga
    Malmo FF
    Man Utd -1.0

On a very small Lucky 31.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

GerCPM wrote: »
    Anybody have any bets tonight Portsmouth v Man U? I done three, Man U to win 1-0 11/2, and 2-0 7/1 and draw 1-1 11/2.Its going to be a tight game, Man U missing firepower up front, dont think theyl concede much and just CANT see them losing with Chelsea and Liverpool around the corner they cant afford to.So I think i have all the scores covered.

Backed Portsmouth meself; 4/1

Advertisement