Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda

Options
  • 22-08-2008 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

Right need some help here. I'm discussing the prospect of a good car. I fancy the Mazda RX-8(there's something about it), My friend prefers the RX-7. so we decided to throw it out you all in boards land.

what do you's all think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

Would have to be the RX-8 for me! I have never been a fan of the RX-7 lookswise. The RX-8 is a much better looking car IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

colsers22 wrote: »
    Would have to be the RX-8 for me! I have never been a fan of the RX-7 lookswise. The RX-8 is a much better looking car IMO

I thought so too. its quick off the mark too. sounds amazing.

my mate says the RX-7 because its acceleration is better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

How about a CLK? Then you can be "that Merc driver"!

ninty9er wrote: »
    How about a CLK? Then you can be "that Merc driver"!

nah man. Think I'll stick to the topic at hand. but what you reckon RX-7 or RX-8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Rx8! Get the 240bhp version. Better looking car, id say better car. The RX7 would be quicker, but id say would only be available on jap import.

There was a problem with engine rebuilds on the rx7, not sure if this is true of the 8 yet.

• Advertisement

cabrwab wrote: »
    Rx8! Get the 240bhp version. Better looking car, id say better car. The RX7 would be quicker, but id say would only be available on jap import.

There was a problem with engine rebuilds on the rx7, not sure if this is true of the 8 yet.

yeah not aware of a problem like that on the RX-8 either. time will tell i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Rotary engine in the RX-8 is more reliable than the RX-7. I think the engine in the RX-7 has to be rebuilt every 40k or 60k miles.

RX-8 is a very pretty car imo and the suicide doors are very practical too.

Downside is that you need to hitch a petrol pump to the rear, it really likes petrol but you probably already know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

We have already established here on boards that BMW and Merc drivers are undesirables and now Audi drivers have been branded the same simply because a certain Mr. Clarkson says so (sheep mentality??)
    Perhaps it would be in your interest to ask here (as well as email top gear) to find out what the opinion of Mazda drivers is before you make the mistake of buying a car and suddenly finding your complete personality has changed overnight.

Take it from someone who knows. I have both a BMW and a Merc parked at home and I have to walk to work in case anyone sees me as I fear my already damaged reputation will suffer more.

I think it looks class myself. I knew it was fairly heavy on the juice but didn't think it was that bad.

would love one with scissor doors.

We have already established here on boards that BMW and Merc drivers are undesirables and now Audi drivers have been branded the same simply because a certain Mr. Clarkson says so (sheep mentality??)
    Perhaps it would be in your interest to ask here (as well as email top gear) to find out what the opinion of Mazda drivers is before you make the mistake of buying a car and suddenly finding your complete personality has changed overnight.

Take it from someone who knows. I have both a BMW and a Merc parked at home and I have to walk to work in case anyone sees me as I fear my already damaged reputation will suffer more.

F**k that man. I like top gear but I'm not letting them dictate my preference of car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement