Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fisherman's Inn ....

• 22-08-2008 9:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

So does anyone here know this place or heard any stories about it suppossidly being haunted?

Cheers

6th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

6th wrote: »
    So does anyone here know this place or heard any stories about it suppossidly being haunted?

Cheers

6th

I drink here quite often and have heard loads of stories about the place being haunted, but have never seen anything to back this up, nor has the owner according to him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah Sean says he will neither say the place is or isn't haunted. That said 5 of us are heading down next week to do an investigation.

Yeah Sean says he will neither say the place is or isn't haunted. That said 5 of us are heading down next week to do an investigation.

PM me a date and I might go for a pint and have a nosey...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Where is this place? never heard of it

kikel wrote: »
    Where is this place? never heard of it

Fisherstown... near Ballybrittas / Courtwood.

• Advertisement

Steve_o wrote: »
    PM me a date and I might go for a pint and have a nosey...

I think it might be Tuesday but we'll be investigating after it closes. That said its 5 Boardsies heading down so drop in for a pint!

I think it might be Tuesday but we'll be investigating after it closes. That said its 5 Boardsies heading down so drop in for a pint!

Will do...

What does your investigation hope to uncover as a matter of interest??

we'll talk to people who work there about what has been experiences. Try to find natural causes for whats happened, monitor the active areas with night vision cctv, take enviromental and electtrical readings and basically document everthing. Video, photography, audio and the take everything apart and see what we are left with. Anything we cant re-create or explain away gets put into the "fcuked if I know" box aka might have a paranormal explaination.

sounds interesting let us know how you get on.

Cool, that sounds interesting!!

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, I would have posted this in the Paranormal Forum but you cant beat a bit of local knowledge so if anyone heres any stories about the place then throw them up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

I heard years ago a FISHERMAN was out angling & some guy push him IN. He drowned & his soul has been restless ever since. Then a local man built a pub close by & unknowingly called it the FISHERMANS INN. The restless soul of the fisherman taught yer man was talking the piss so he has haunted the establishment ever since. Look it up.....god honest truth, hand on me heart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

jessconr wrote: »
    I heard years ago a FISHERMAN was out angling & some guy push him IN. He drowned & his soul has been restless ever since. Then a local man built a pub close by & unknowingly called it the FISHERMANS INN. The restless soul of the fisherman taught yer man was talking the piss so he has haunted the establishment ever since. Look it up.....god honest truth, hand on me heart!

:D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,709 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

best not ask you how Bishopswood got its name then..... :D

sydthebeat wrote: »
    best not ask you how Bishopswood got its name then..... :D

Best not indeed....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

I heard there's a massive factory where the make all the ambulances's's's for all the hospitals in the world in a place called Nenagh, Co. Tipp! Am i right??

Cheers

6th

How did ya get on?

Well it was a hard one to do because we were ready to startby 11pm but there were still folks walking about after 1am .... not exactly ideal for recording audio and video.

There was a bit of a flood resently so enviromental conditions such as humidity etc were way off and the wiring is very old.

There was definately a feel to the place but there was nothing we could get that would lead us to say that the place is haunted. Maybe a more control investigation would throw up something interesting or worth looking at?

They do nice pies though and Sean is a really nice guy.

They do nice pies

The finest tbh...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 sharon 123

There is actually Ghost whisperers from Usa coming to laois to investigate this next Wednesday for Tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

I heard there's a massive factory where the make all the ambulances's's's for all the hospitals in the world in a place called Nenagh, Co. Tipp! Am i right??

Same company makes kettles at their factory in Boyle.

Yea, Sean is a nice guy. I asked for a wine for the missus and he gave me a large bottle for a tenner, said the small ones were a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pamweld

I go to a camera club that is held there the last tuesday of every month, at end of meeting one night myself and maybe 4 more were just chatting and a lid of a dish just landed in the middle of the floor, it was hanging on a wall that had a dresser below it, if it simply fell it should have hit the dresser and then floor and landed quite close to original position but it landed a bit of distance away(enough to arouse interest)
    Sean always asks us to study any pictures we take at premises in case there is anything 'interesting' in them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

I heard that pub is full of spirits alrite

Advertisement