Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Liverpool vs. Boro [All pre/during/post match discussion in here]

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

We've been over the rotation thing, Rafa consistently rotated, while Ferguson tried to keep a settled team for much of the title run in, even though the rotation averages around the same - both managers rotated in different ways.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

So it's a case of quote the stats when it suits you but then say ignore them because utds stats don't really mean much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

copacetic wrote: »
    So it's a case of quote the stats when it suits you but then say ignore them because utds stats don't really mean much?

Do you actually read posts? Read Zabbos post again.

PHB wrote: »
    Do you actually read posts? Read Zabbos post again.

I did read it, it says the opposite of what you said earlier, yet you thanked it? Do you even know what you think?

You said that Liverpool changed too much earlier on in the season and you quoted stats that 'proved' that liverpool 'over-rotated' their side by having 0.5 more changes per game than Utd.

Zabbo now says the opposite that Liverpool made too many changes throughout the season and that your stats are meaningless, Liverpool over-rotate because he says so.

So which is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

I did read it, it says the opposite of what you said earlier, yet you thanked it? Do you even know what you think?

You said that Liverpool changed too much earlier on in the season and you quoted stats that 'proved' that liverpool 'over-rotated' their side by having 0.5 more changes per game than Utd.

Zabbo now says the opposite that Liverpool made too many changes throughout the season and that your stats are meaningless, Liverpool over-rotate because he says so.

So which is it?
    A,G,AG,R,A,G,R,O AGRO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

So which is it?

Wow, that's impressive misunderstanding.

Actually, the stats I pointed out said this,
    Liverpool made an average of 3.68 changes per game, whereas United made 3.16. Not a huge difference. However a column graph pointed to the fact that United make few changes before March 1st (2.54), and a lot more after (4.64). Basically Fergie keeps a similar team (a lot of the changes involved keeping Scholes/Carrick/Hargreaves/Andersen happy) until the end of the season when players are more knackered, and there are vital Champions league games, when he freshens things up..

Benitez on the other hand was consistent: 3.72 before and 3.58 after. He started rotating in August and kept it up all season.

To which I said I said
    Rafa does rotate more at the start of the season

Rafa over-rotating is not a myth. Whether thats the cause of Liverpools failure is another question however.

Rafa over-rotated at the start of the season. As evidenced by the 3.72 per game, compared to Uniteds 2.54.

I thanked Zabbo's post because he stated
    We've been over the rotation thing, Rafa consistently rotated, while Ferguson tried to keep a settled team for much of the title run in, even though the rotation averages around the same - both managers rotated in different ways.

How exactly is that saying the opposite?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

Well, to answer the question I'll drop some hints.

Here's some stuff said in the article,

But here's the big finale

As Tomkins himself says

I guess he's right?

When I posted the Tomkins link I said
    "Here's a good article on Rafa and rotation from last year. Lots of figures, stats and research."
    Note last year. The article is dated 08 August 2007.

Rafa over-rotated at the start of the season. As evidenced by the 3.72 per game, compared to Uniteds 2.54.

I thanked Zabbo's post because he stated

How exactly is that saying the opposite?

I give up. You said liverpool 'over-rotated' at the start of the season, while utd didn't change as much. Zabbo says the opposite, that utd did less changing at the end of the season. Simple maths tells you either than Utd made massive per game changes throughout the middle of the season (over-rotation) to bring their average up so high or that one or both of you is totally wrong.

Advertisement