Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Man Utd vs. Portsmouth [All pre/during/post match discussion in here]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What about Manucho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Dave! wrote: »
    What about Manucho?
    Not according to BBC but the page hasnt been updated in a couple of days. Has Manucho definitly been granted a work permit? I cant find any mention of it anywhere.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Foster, Brown, Neville, R Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, F Da Silva, Fletcher, O'Shea, Scholes, Possebon, Gibson, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez, Campbell, Welbeck.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Has Manucho definitly been granted a work permit? I cant find any mention of it anywhere.
    pulled this off redcafe
    15gp7bd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Ah right, its strange it wasnt on manutd.com. I think he is still recovering from a metatarsel injury so I doubt he will be in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

why are we banging on about new signings lads, da silva twins look really exciting, i know we would like a new stricker, but teves frazer rooney and ronaldo so thats 4 proven goal scorers, if we dont get dimitar[idontfeellikeplayingtoday]berbatov i dont care, we always start slow, when did we last get off to a flyer.nani anderson sould play a bigger part this season aswell, we always seem to over look the outstanding hargreves .i really wont start panicking just yet.plus as it stands if manucho do sign , who is he getting the nod over teves ? rooney? giggs? ronaldo ? mmmm interesing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

almanu wrote: »
    why are we banging on about new signings lads, da silva twins look really exciting, i know we would like a new stricker, but teves frazer rooney and ronaldo so thats 4 proven goal scorers, if we dont get dimitar[idontfeellikeplayingtoday]berbatov i dont care, we always start slow, when did we last get off to a flyer.nani anderson sould play a bigger part this season aswell, we always seem to over look the outstanding hargreves .i really wont start panicking just yet.plus as it stands if manucho do sign , who is he getting the nod over teves ? rooney? giggs? ronaldo ? mmmm interesing

So, the brazillian twins are full backs - areas we are ok in.

None of Rooney, Tevez or Campbel are prolific scorers.

Ronaldo is out til October.

Manucho will get the nod over none of them. He'll get a few minutes here and there, but he won't be first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Tauren wrote: »
    So, the brazillian twins are full backs - areas we are ok in.

None of Rooney, Tevez or Campbel are prolific scorers.

Ronaldo is out til October.

Manucho will get the nod over none of them. He'll get a few minutes here and there, but he won't be first choice.
    teves 19 rooney 18 mmmmm not prolific maybe 42 from our slave boy has you spoilt. cambell scored 13 end of season goals for hull, got them promoted and he scored countless others in the reserves.the da silvas are attacking full backs somthing sick note and brown are definitly not.plus i feel evera is limited in this area.just my opinion dont hunt me down and kill me.

Can't take a bad pick of Tommy K, thats for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

United need to win this match, it is not a good idea to Chelsea a 4 or 5 point lead this early. I think they should win this comfortably. Rooney needs to be ordered to stay within 25 yards of the opposition goal at all times. He is not scoring because he does too much work and without Ronaldo his ability to score goals becomes critical to United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

eagle eye wrote: »
    Rooney needs to be ordered to stay within 25 yards of the opposition goal at all times. He is not scoring because he does too much work and without Ronaldo his ability to score goals becomes critical to United.

+1 The last thing I want to see Rooney is spraying long crossfield balls from right back. Helping out in midfield is fine once in a while but not as the main feature of his game tonight. should be interesting to see if some of those missing from the last game are back in tonight or at least on the bench for experienced options. Don't think tonights match is any place for the twins or possebon unless in the unlikely event Utd are strolling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

We're likely to see Evra and O'Shea play, so lets hope its O'Shea LB and Evra midfield, with Fletcher Scholes in the middle and Giggs on the other wing.
    O'Shea in midfield will make this an extremely difficult game, and I think Fletcher in midfield could see a very good performance from him.

I think with Tevez back we will see less of Rooney inside his own half, because Tevez will do that. Hopefully anyway. Tevez looked brilliant playing as the link man in preseason, but rarely had anyone to link with.... fingers crossed they can pull this one out of the bag, cause our midfield could have a problem without Ronnie, Nani, Hargreaves, Anderson, or possible Carrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I might actually scream If I see O Shea starting in centre midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Smegball wrote: »
    I might actually scream If I see O Shea starting in centre midfield.

He is better than Deco :P Yea I have to agree though. I hope evra starts left mid. I dont want to see Rooney dropping back to the left like he did for England last week. he was nowhere to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

http://www.justin.tv/widgets/jtv_player.swf?channel=live24_2

a link if any of ye wanna watch it online should come on around 5 miins beforehand.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

UNITED TEAM.

VDS
    BROWN
    RIO
    VIDIC
    O SHEA
    FLETCHER
    ANDERSON
    SCHOLES
    EVRA
    ROONEY
    TEVEZ

Bench Kuszczak, Neville , Fabio, Rafeal , Campbell, Gibson , Possebon

Man Utd Line up

VDS

Brown
    Vidic
    Ferdinand
    O'Shea

Fletcher
    Anderson
    Scholes
    Evra

Rooney
    Tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I'll take that, delighted to see Anderson thrown straight into the mix.

United to win 2-0

Subs
    Kuszczak
    Neville
    Evans
    Rafael
    Fabio
    Rodrigo
    Campbell

PORTSMOUTH TEAM

JAMES
    JOHNSON
    KABOUL
    CAMPBELL
    DISTIN
    ??????? Sorry miss who they named
    DIOP
    DIARRA
    DAVIS
    CROUCH
    DEFOE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

looks like evra on left wing then? cmon utd.

EDIT: no manucho = still dont know about permit. God we still need an extra body up top

Game will be won or lost depending on whether Scholes and Anderson can get a foot hold in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

So relieved to see O Shea not in CM! The bench is pretty poor though isn't it! Not much game changers really, more confident now, I'll go with United to scrape a 2-1 :)

Skud wrote: »
    looks like evra on left wing then? cmon utd.

EDIT: no manucho = still dont know about permit. God we still need an extra body up top

His work permit has been granted, but he is still injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

at least Anderson's in central midfield instead of O'Shea, however drained he may be from the Games. Utd should win, with Rooney and Tevez up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Aquos76 wrote: »
    His work permit has been granted, but he is still injured

wasnt widely reported though only ssn.

Midfield is key to this game,

krancjar last midfielder?

no kranjcar is out. Giggs injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,711 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    UNITED TEAM.

VDS
    BROWN
    RIO
    VIDIC
    O SHEA
    FLETCHER
    ANDERSON
    SCHOLES
    EVRA
    ROONEY
    TEVEZ

Bench Kuszczak, Neville , Fabio, Rafeal , Campbell, Gibson , Possebon

Rockman your a Legend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Compare tonights bench to chelseas yesterday. Not nice reading at all

Well, if we had Giggs, Nani, Ronaldo, Park, Carrick, Hargreaves or Saha, our bench would probably look a bit better.

Disappointed with just how defensive the Pompey team is. Gonna be a long night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,711 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Compare tonights bench to chelseas yesterday. Not nice reading at all

Chelsea apart from Drogba are full strength thou.

That bench will change dramatically when the usual suspects are back.

why compare? Chelsea have probably had the best team on paper in the world for the last 4 seasons. that doesnt mean anything. and neither does the fact that they beat Portsmouth 4-0. new game of football different game entirely. they didnt look world class yesterday but got the job done. we may not look too world class when looking at the bench but when have United ever? looking at bench regulars like o shea and Fletcher yuo wouldnt think they would be too good either but they do their bit and have done for the last two seasons when we won a bit, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Anderson son son son is playing and Carlito.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Fletcher, Anderson, Scholes, Evra, Rooney, Tevez, Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, Fabio Da Silva, Rafael Da Silva, Gibson, Campbell, Possebon, Referee: Chris Foy (Merseyside)

The teams are in for tonight's match: Portsmouth: James, Kaboul, Campbell, Distin, Johnson, Diop, Davis, Diarra, Armand Traore, Crouch, Defoe, Subs: Ashdown, Lauren, Hreidarsson, Thomas, Utaka, Mvuemba, Sahar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is O Shea definitely playing left back?

When I read the team first I presumed he was playing alongside Scholes with Anderson starting on the left.

Nope Josh is playing holding role I would say.

Unless Ev is playing left mid, like last week but I am unsure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's not really clear.
    Anderson playing is a huge huge huge huge huge boost. I think we should have enough going forward, but I'm worried about the system working if O'Shea is in midfield.
    I hope O'Shea is LB, especially with the threat of Crouch's height, but I think we'll all find out in about 5 minutes, no telling what Fergie will do :)

Mr. X wrote: »

MUTV have Evra left midfield

Mr. X wrote: »

MUTV have O Shea on LB and Evra LM , They where talking as if they had inside INFO :D

Tauren wrote: »
    MUTV have Evra left midfield
    and Sky have Evra as playing left back

• Advertisement

Seemingly , Sky say the opposite :S

Anyways COME ON YOU RED DEVILS.

Fabio and Rafa on the bench for us.

i'd go with MUTV on the lineup over sky.

Well we will soon find out, less than a minute or so to kick off

bugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Quietly confident about this. Utd to win 2-0 hopefully :D

Evra is Left back

• Advertisement

O Shea has line up in the middle :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Tevez is looking great so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Andy Gray is right, that was a great piece of defending from Evra.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Tevez is looking great so far...
    Pity the rest arent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Portsmouth well on top at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement