Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Man Utd vs. Portsmouth [All pre/during/post match discussion in here]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

keane2097 wrote: »
    Portsmouth well on top at the moment.
    They have been since the whistle has blown , are chances have been very non existant.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Get in there 1-0 to United, Fletcher again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Goal by Fletch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Dont think that will count as Fletchers goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

come on!!!! go on fletcher

Tusky wrote: »
    I wish it did though !! :)

COME ON UNITEEEEEED AND FLETCH our top scorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Tusky wrote: »

almost certainly not. i'd would have imagined that the only way that little pop could have been added would be from a Sol Campbell touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

FLETCHER YOUR LEADING GOAL SCORER :cool::cool:

Had that of gone in, that would have been some goal from rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hopefully Fletcher gets the goal and Evra with the assist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

United are looking good at the moment, that was a great move for Rooneys effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Decent enough first half, if we could get another I'd be happier though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Think we will need a 2nd goal. hard in mouth at each Pompey corner. good to see Rooney not come back too far. Maybe I'm harsh but he should have had 2. should have avoided James with the early chance. Great touch by himself to setup the 2nd but I think he should have stuck it in the corner. think we were 1-0 up last season as well. Anderson seems to have travelled okay.

Well done Fletch for getting in there even if its not your goal...

Utd crowd in good form
    "We are the champions, champions of Europe, We are the champions, champions of Europe, We are the champions, champions of Europe, We are the champions, champions of Europe"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Mr. X wrote: »
    I wish it did though !! :)

COME ON UNITEEEEEED AND FLETCH our top scorer.

Fletcher = the new Ronaldo? :P

Jeez Rooney was well on there - should be 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

keane2097 wrote: »
    Jeez Rooney was well on there - should be 2-0

At least half a yard!! Feckers.
    He looks sharp tponight Rooney.

Fletcher = the new Ronaldo? :P

Ronaldo = The old Fletcher imo..!

How is it only 1-0 :(

jaykay74 wrote: »
    How is it only 1-0 :(
    We really need this second goal, we are playing well but our finishing is letting us down again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

@68 minutes...

Tevez held off numerous challenges from a P/mouth player in the middle of the pitch. Played a couple of 1-2's with Scholes, JOS, and Anderson.

Fantastic play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ref is a sham.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    ref is a sham.
    Why?

not giving them anything.

hope they blast this in now.......

not giving them anything.

hope they blast this in now.......

I guess your right, that offside goal wich rooney scored should have stood

just as the free kick united got just before their goal where crouch got 100% of the ball should not have been a free kick

ref has givin pompey **** all tbh.

• Advertisement

Vida back on , COME ON VIDA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I've left the country and website streams aren't working, so I can't watch the match. Plus, BBC live text really doesn't quite capture the essence of football:
    Free kick taken right-footed by Carlos Tevez (Man Utd) curled from left channel (20 yards), save (caught) by David James (Portsmouth).

Though I did just get back from AIK v HIF. Bit of a riot - it was like being in England in the 80s.

Good to have Anderson back. He seemed to go someway to replacing what we were missing against Newcastle (ie, attacking midfielders). Now, if we could only get a striker...

dont you have two 30m strikers on the pitch? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

dont you have two 30m strikers on the pitch? :rolleyes:

Yeah, but we want them all.

gray is another sham,so it was a little petty from the ref to give Fletcher a yellow for shouting and gesticulating at the linesman!?

but ok to do it to Defoe a couple of mins ago for less dissent?

sham sham sham.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I guess your right, that offside goal wich rooney scored should have stood

Not to mention 2nd yellow card for cynical foul on Tevez late on...

just as the free kick united got just before their goal where crouch got 100% of the ball should not have been a free kick

That was nearly a minutes before and Utd kicked it around at the back after, why not just contest every tackle in the game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

ref is a sham.

Jaysus I`ve heard it all now.

Anyway well impressed with that performance. Tevez was immense again.His ability to hold onto the ball is second to none at the moment.

Anderson looked really impressive too.

Delighted with the result although I suppose we have the ref to thank for that.:rolleyes:

jaykay74 wrote: »
    That was nearly a minutes before and Utd kicked it around at the back after, why not just contest every tackle in the game :D

as the boys in the studio said...."same passage of play"

doesnt matter if Utd kept onto the ball for a minute, before scoring, they shouldnt have had it in the first place.

another super decision was making portsmouth play the ball 40 odds back into their own half as an advantage, as opposed to letting them put a free into the box from 35 yards.

yep 70 odd yards back is a defnate advantage as opposed to a set piece from 35.

as i said, sham.

Tevez was different class tonight. Utd kept the ball really well. Makes up for Newcastle game. great to see Anderson playing so well. He will have to get his haircut sorted sharpish, its a mess :p

Scholes was class bar a few misplaced passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Happy with that. We had no wingers on the pitch yet again, really lacking that width very evident. We played with 4 central midfielders and 2 withdrawn strikers so the system really is not working. We got the win, so I don't care to be honest. Annoyed with Rooney not getting that goal, he was clearly onside and that could have really boosted his confidence.

The ref was poor. To suggest he was poor in favour of United is just silly. Diop should have been sent off, no doubt about that. Rooney should have had a goal which would have essentially finished the game. Ref was poor, didn't help United much. The game was won fair and square, get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,446 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

tackle came from behind Scholes - and where are you not allowed tackle from? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Excellent performance from United. Great passing and ball retention, there were so many admirable passages of play. Anderson coming back was a huge boost, he was superb. Also, I think it's noticable when Tevez and Rooney play together, Rooney stays a lot further forward and tonight he played very well. Should've had a goal that was incorrectly disallowed.

Considering there are still some noticable absentees, I'm very happy with tonight.

Tauren wrote: »
    tackle came from behind Scholes - and where are you not allowed tackle from? :)

it came in from the side, he got all the ball, its allowed.

if you think otherwise, well, there wouldnt be enough rolleyes in the world for that!

as the boys in the studio said...."same passage of play"

doesnt matter if Utd kept onto the ball for a minute, before scoring, they shouldnt have had it in the first place.

another super decision was making portsmouth play the ball 40 odds back into their own half as an advantage, as opposed to letting them put a free into the box from 35 yards.

yep 70 odd yards back is a defnate advantage as opposed to a set piece from 35.

as i said, sham.

Fair enough, your opinion and all that.

What about Campbell swiping Rooneys legs in the box ? Its seemed pretty obvious and what about the late red card for the 2nd yellow for foul on Tevez ? What about the linesman and the wrong offside when Rooney scored ?

Do you mean he favoured Man Utd or he was just a bad Ref ?

• Advertisement

it came in from the side, he got all the ball, its allowed.

if you think otherwise, well, there wouldnt be enough rolleyes in the world for that!

Scholes rolled his body to put his back to Crouch and shield the ball - Crouch came round from behind him.

bad ref....leaning heavily towards Utd.

the offside was the wrong call, wasnt made by the ref though.

Tauren; dont make me rolleye you to death!

Roll on The Pool and Chelski, we will have nani back, hopefully hargo and Parky.

bad ref....leaning heavily towards Utd.

the offside was the wrong call, wasnt made by the ref though.

Really, was it not? Who blew the whistle and gave the free out to Pompey then?

EDIT: Bring it on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

good win for Man U, considering it was Pompey away, and the fact that a lot of players were missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I was happy enough with that, it was pretty comfortable, especially considering how tricky a tie it seemed after the Newcastle game. I hope they give Fletcher the goal, he's played well this season and deserves it....oh and I had a bet on him as 1st goalscorer:D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

HAppy with win. Even happier that Darren "Cristiano" Fletcher continued his hot streak of goal scoring :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

pompey were poor tonight,not as bad as against Chelsea but considering the players available they arent performing.

raven136 wrote: »
    pompey were poor tonight,not as bad as against Chelsea but considering the players available they arent performing.

Muntari and Krankjar(sp) are big losses from their midfield. Played a very defensive line-up tonight too though, which didn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Fletch has more goals then a certain Mr Torres :D Odds on it being like that at the end of the season? :D

Advertisement