Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EPL Match Week 2 Thread

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

**** me that was a terrible performance from Arsenal. Van Persie needs a good slap or somethin to wake him up, getting sick of saying he shouldn't be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I only caught the last 20 mins or so but Arsenal looked really poor, especially in centre midfield. Could be a terrible season if we don't get at least one top class midfielder in to partner Cesc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Credit where credit is due, Fulham played really really well and Danny Murphy dominated the whole of your midfield by himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

We have the Rolo of all Premiership midfields, chocolate football with a soft centre.

That was absolutely fooking dire. If you want to be in the top 4, nevermind win the league, you have to be beating the likes of Fulham comfortably.

Patrick Vieira come back! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

PHB wrote: »
    Bale with a hiliarious dive while we're on the subject.

Was a disgrace, should have been booked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LOL Gareth Barry for the second Stoke goal. And Gwan Rory Delap with the booming long throws!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    LOL Gareth Barry for the second Stoke goal. And Gwan Rory Delap with the booming long throws!! :D

It was an awful pass but what really surprised be is how unbothered he seemed to regain possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Tusky wrote: »
    It was an awful pass but what really surprised be is how unbothered he seemed to regain possession.

Yeah! Someone doesn't want to be there methinks!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Tusky wrote: »
    Very well played to Fulham. Arsenal losing one of their first two fixtures, Man Utd drawing, excellent.

Good times!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Deco scores from a his first free kick. He really is the complete midfielder, bar the cheating every now and then :pac:. Wigan are looking dangerous though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

eZe^ wrote: »
    Deco scores from a his first free kick. He really is the complete midfielder, bar the cheating every now and then :pac:. Wigan are looking dangerous though.

Pollitt was at fault for the goal. Other than the goal Wigan have been the better team IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yea keeper should have got to it, but Chelsea look very dangerous going forward, Bosingwa is getting forward with ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

City just hit the bar.

Kompany running the show in the middle at the mo.

Petrov free kick hits the post

Noble sent off for two yellows.

Danny Sturridge takin the piss up front. All we need is a goal.

Micah gone off in a really bad way after clashing heads with Ben Haim. Stretcher and neck brace required. Disaster.

Super Danny Sturridge!!! He is quality!!! :D

EDIT: Ireland to Elano, 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

2-0 Elano. Nice work from Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

3-0 almost identical goal!

• Advertisement

Super Stevie Ireland

10 v 10 now with Etuhu limping of and all subs used.

TEN minutes injury!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

whats the story? just flicked on the match, why so much extra time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Some good performances amongst the city players and a few nice goals to boot.

EDIT: Rebel, Micah Richards got a bad injury. Took ages for them to get him off. I think he's gone to hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Some good performances amongst the city players and a few nice goals to boot.

EDIT: Rebel, Micah Richards got a bad injury. Took ages for them to get him off. I think he's gone to hospital.

ok, cheers, hope he's ok.

Kompany is some signing. Big, strong, quick, composed on the ball. Delighted!

Ireland was MOM and Sturridge was super too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

City have a good young side. Hopefully the Thaksin business won't stop them from having a good season.

1810: "I just loved it. I loved it. I've only trained once, today I played and didn't even know everyone's name. But it was a lot of fun."
    Man City's new signing Vincent Kompany

:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yeah thought it was great how he said that he was only learning he teammates names during the game yet was still good enough to be man of the match. First time ive ever seen him play DM but if he continues like that, he will be an absolutley brilliant signing and City should be looking good this season, especially when Jo and co. are back and if a LB can be signed.

Advertisement