Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the Drifter

• 22-08-2008 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I was pleasantly surprised last week to see Drifters back in my local Londis. Hadn't seen them for about a year and had read Nestle had either stopped making them or the machine that makes them had broken.

Does anyone know if this is a permanent return or simply a short appearance similar to the Wispa?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭Archeron

I hadn't noticed them gone.
    I hope they bring back the ads with the Shaft dude with the big afro. They were funny (i think).
    I shall salute this thread by buying a drifter tomorrow.

Funny, you go to america and tell them you ate a drifter, it means something totally different :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Archeron wrote: »
    I hope they bring back the ads with the Shaft dude with the big afro. They were funny (i think).

Voila!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

yoo hooo.,...

i will have to hunt one down tomorrow... Love them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

They seem to be smaller than before though.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

i LOVE drifters. Picked up a few in Dunnes last week. Can't say I noticed a size difference!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

jvc wrote: »
    They seem to be smaller than before though.:(

there was a thing in the business section of the sunday indo last sunday where it was saying that bars are being made smaller slightly as raw material costs have gone up so to keep them the same price they're making them smaller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Tasty bar, I remember calling the Drifter man (chap in video) for a weekly rundown of the Top 40 charts when I was a lad. Got in trouble when my Mam saw the phone number on the bill. I think it was premium rate. :o

Advertisement