Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Always Knew Tracksuit Wearers Were No Good!

Options
  • 22-08-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭

Young people wearing tracksuits generally are troublemakers who prowl the city at all times.

I found this on the wiki travel guide for Dublin and had a little laugh. It's not something I expected to see while reading the guide.
    http://wikitravel.org/en/Dublin#Crime

Does anyone else have interesting/funny/strange quotes they've seen about Ireland from other websites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I found this on the wiki travel guide for Dublin and had a little laugh. It's not something I expected to see while reading the guide.
    http://wikitravel.org/en/Dublin#Crime

Does anyone else have interesting/funny/strange quotes they've seen about Ireland from other websites?

we laugh because its funny and we laugh because its true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Heheh, its very true... although, if i'm wearing my tracksuit to the gym and i'm walking down the street, am I a scumbag for that short while??? :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Steve_o wrote: »
    Heheh, its very true... although, if i'm wearing my tracksuit to the gym and i'm walking down the street, am I a scumbag for that short while??? :eek::D

No. Your actually using the tracksuit for sports.

*Edit: Sports doesn't include running away from the scene of a crime you just committed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I wonder if many tourists here think we are an athletic bunch with all the tracksuits hanging about. Then there are the pajamas. They must think all we do is excercise and sleep, they must be baffled that most of them are fat slobs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

WindSock wrote: »
    I wonder if many tourists here think we are an athletic bunch with all the tracksuits hanging about. Then there are the pajamas. They must think all we do is excercise and sleep, they must be baffled that most of them are fat slobs.
    Tracksuits + pajamas = Bedroom gymnastics?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

two lines down:

Dublin has a heavy trafic, and even though several of the locals tend to cross the road, without having a red man, it is not recomanded to follow this example. Hardly any of the cars slow down in front of zebra-crosses in busy and crowded streets.

A heavy trafic? Understatement methinks. Not to mention the bad spooling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Just ask any bunch of tracksuit wearers where the stadium is and look at their puzzled faces struggling to answer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

*Snigger*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

When i was in Costa Rica i read a domestic travel guide about Ireland where it mentioned that Ireland was the land of 40 rainbows.

I never told any mates back in Ireland about it but a few years later a mate was telling a story about a couple in the hotel he works in that were asking where they could see the 40 rainbows. I wonder if they were Costa Rican or if more than one country is going on about our magical 40 rainbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I read one of those "true" overheard in Dublin stories recently about a couple of old American dears on the bus wondering which stop to get off at for some tourist attraction or other.

One of them said to the other "Oh we'll just ask those athletes at the back of the bus."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

uncyclopedia is always good for a laugh
    Eyre square has been renovated at a cost of €118 billion and was money well spent, as is easy to see where the money went i.e. Rare ash trees and a very unusual type of green grass

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

syklops wrote: »
    two lines down:

Dublin has a heavy trafic, and even though several of the locals tend to cross the road, without having a red man, it is not recomanded to follow this example. Hardly any of the cars slow down in front of zebra-crosses in busy and crowded streets.

Why would this illiterate fool have a problem with people crossing without a "red man" surely its internationally accepted that that you do not cross when there is a red man so crossing at a crossing point "without having a red man" would be right surely as not having a "red man" would usually imply there is either a green or orange "man".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

If you dress like a medavil peasent, you will get a pitchfork in your brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I often wear track suits while out and about. I definitely am not a troublemaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

It's not what you think, though. It's what others perceive...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,402 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

From the same paragraph:
    There are plenty of taxis at all hours of the day and night...

They've sorted out the melee at chucking out time, then, since I left?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

When i was in Costa Rica i read a domestic travel guide about Ireland where it mentioned that Ireland was the land of 40 rainbows.

I never told any mates back in Ireland about it but a few years later a mate was telling a story about a couple in the hotel he works in that were asking where they could see the 40 rainbows. I wonder if they were Costa Rican or if more than one country is going on about our magical 40 rainbows.

WTF?!

Some kind of mistranslation of "40 shades of green"? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I wear my tracksuit bottoms to bed and then sometimes go to the shops wearing them, does this make me a double skobe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I have seen all 40 rainbows.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

phasers wrote: »
    I wear my tracksuit bottoms to bed and then sometimes go to the shops wearing them, does this make me a double skobe?

Whoa absolutely phasers, ya big scummer ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

The article obviously forgot to mention that people wearing Canterbury tracksuits are entirely safe, tourists could get the wrong impression of certain areas eg Dundrum otherwise

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

jahalpin wrote: »
    The article obviously forgot to mention that people wearing Canterbury tracksuits are entirely safe, tourists could get the wrong impression of certain areas eg Dundrum otherwise

:D

Esp when wearing them with Uggs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Wasn't there something on wikipedia about some town in the midlands being the home of leprechauns? Funny funny stuff..wonder if its still up...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I wear tracksuits & hoodies for the simple reason that their comfortable, and I'm not a trouble maker ;)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

yoyo wrote: »
    I wear tracksuits & hoodies for the simple reason that their comfortable, and I'm not a trouble maker ;)

Nick
    suuuuure, we believe you:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_problem
    The Mermaid problem is an observation occasionally mentioned in literature, concerning the difficulty of having sexual intercourse with a mermaid.
    The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

syklops wrote: »

"Heavy" is not really an understatement. If you've come from somewhere like Calcutta, you'll be probably be delighted with the traffic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Yeah, I'm wondering about all of this. So in Dublin all the troublemakers wear track suits? Sup wit dat?

Advertisement