Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downlighters/Spot Lights green alterneitive?

Options
  • 22-08-2008 11:44am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im going to put in about 10 new spots and I know they can be quite heavy on juice. Is there a Green altentivie to traditional spots?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

LED lamps are available in a 230V GU10 style lamp to suit mains downlighters. They are still quite expensive. See here for example:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

My worry with LED's is that they will be very white looking compared to traditional lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

LED's come in various colour-temperatures.
    Look for 'warm-white' bulbs or as close as you can get to 2500K colour-temperature.

http://www.3drender.com/glossary/colortemp.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

i bought from B&Q energy saving lights and they dont produce heat either i think it was 15 euro for a box (3 lights).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Got regualr spots in B&Q that are GU10 because I had to get the job done but ill source energy saving bulbs for them now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Digger

You could try www.futureleds.com for energy efficient alternatives.
    Cheerz

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gorwanvfr

I have 35 down lighters in the kitchen/ dinning room and they where 50w GU10's changed them all out to 7w CFL's. Tested two different types of LED lights but they just don't have the light output so went with the CFL’s. One issue with the CFL's is they take a couple of minutes to come up to full strength. The savings are good when you work it out 35 X 50W= 1750W, CFL's 35 X 7= 245W

Advertisement