Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband

Options
  • 22-08-2008 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering how I can check whether my girlfriend can get eircom broadband or not. I have checked the eircom website and it says she cant. However her cousin lives 100 yards up the road and they can. (They dont have it but they can get it)

Can I take my router from my house and connect it up at her house and see whether it works? Or is there any way to check?

Thanks,
    Regan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL > Broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Your DSL modem/router will only work if her line is "provisioned". The DSL only works if there is a DSL subscription on the line. An enabled exchange or line that passes eircom test is not enough.

If eircom website says not, then it's unlikely. If the exchange is enabled, then recheck every couple of weeks as the lines are automatically checked monthly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 muminek

Reganovski wrote: »
    I am just wondering how I can check whether my girlfriend can get eircom broadband or not. I have checked the eircom website and it says she cant. However her cousin lives 100 yards up the road and they can. (They dont have it but they can get it)

Can I take my router from my house and connect it up at her house and see whether it works? Or is there any way to check?

Thanks,
    Regan

If the line is quite new - I'd call eircom directly and check if they have retested the connection. Some of my friends found the eircom online checker inaccurate. Maybe they can see more on their computers then the checker available on the web?

Advertisement