Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 subscribers up 10% or so they say

• 22-08-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

3 now say that they have increased the users by 10% in the first 6 months of the year. They now have around 300,000 customers. While across the water they have over 4 million.

I reckon a lot of the new users are the broadband users and not there mobile customers. More and more people seem to be leaving 3. Dont think the N96 will save them :D
    Does 300,000 really reward the amount of money spent in the past 3 years or so?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

*awaits arrival of the 3 fanboi duo*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

A lot of phone addict teenagers seem to be going for 3 over Meteor as 3 have more hi-tech mobiles a lot of the time.

I've had the 3 broadband for over a year now and have no intention of cancelling it any day soon as the €19.99 a month is excellent value. I've never had problems with it but I remember this time last year everyone was moaning about the service so you'd think that would have lost them a few customers.

They have "pay as you go" broadband now so that's bound to be attracting a few new customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

With 300,000 subscribers that gives them an income of about 12 million a month.....There not doing to bad.....fastest growing network in the country.....

I haven't left them with my phone, there's no other network that offers as much for less....fine there support is in india, I couldn't give a fiddlers because I save so much every month......the more people that move to 3 the more free calls I get.....come on make the jump...

Returned my modem within 14 day, have had very little problems with my phone in 3 years...It wouild make no sense for me to change networks as i'd only end up paying more for less....If someone tells me i'll save more money by going to meteor or 02, there talking through there ass...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Meh I like them, They have really good pay monthly rates and it suits me perfect.

Simple as that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,131 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep every time my contract is up i look around and compare everyone and i still stick with three, thats after switching from voda to o2 to meteor prior to that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i only signed up because of the 1gb package on prepaid. using my own phone of course, i'd never buy their branded / locked crap. the amount of **** they load on to those phones before they sell them to you is unreal. but that is fairly typical of all mobile operators in 2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

towel401 wrote: »
    i only signed up because of the 1gb package on prepaid. using my own phone of course, i'd never buy their branded / locked crap. the amount of **** they load on to those phones before they sell them to you is unreal. but that is fairly typical of all mobile operators in 2008

'cept Meteor! :)

I was with three for a year, and I'd go back if it weren't for the service, and the fact that the majority of my contacts are Meteor so they would lose out on the ability to text me for free if I left (most are on the free meteor to meteor calls/texts).

'cept Meteor! :)

I was with three for a year, and I'd go back if it weren't for the service, and the fact that the majority of my contacts are Meteor so they would lose out on the ability to text me for free if I left (most are on the free meteor to meteor calls/texts).

the free texts were good, but i didn't like paying 2c each time to check my email. for some reason i know a lot of people who used to be on meteor went back to O2 or the Vode :( so i would be texting someone when i thought it was free but actually I had to pay for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I use my phone more for internet usage than talking or texting so I'm stuck with Three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Yeah data-wise they are light years ahead and now that they seem to have sorted out most of their issues from this time last year I can't really fault them apart from appalling customer service which I don't have to use often these days (touches wood).

I'm also in the happy position of being out of contract with them now so they've no hold on me - none of their upgrade phones appealed to me. Can't see the N96 coming to them for a long time, I think 1st or 2nd quarter of '09 would be optimistic though I have no insider knowledge of this - just drawing my conclusions from past performance.

Just did a Skype voice call to the U.S. for free while walking my dog - who can argue with that?

Maybe when Meteor have their 3G network deployed competition will heat up but I'm not holding my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Can't see the N96 coming to them for a long time, I think 1st or 2nd quarter of '09 would be optimistic[/QUOTE]

N96 be out October on 3. I too am with 3, dont see any reason to change as my bills are lower now than when I was bill pay with Meteor, and IMO their 3g and data services are way better than the others.

davton wrote: »
    More and more people seem to be leaving 3. Dont think the N96 will save them

This post isn't going the way you expected.....more happy 3 customers than you thought:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Bluefrog wrote: »
    Just did a Skype voice call to the U.S. for free while walking my dog - who can argue with that?

Its great when you know all the ins and outs of the networks getting all the best deals isn't it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This post isn't going the way you expected.....more happy 3 customers than you thought:D

:D it wasnt meant to be another 3 basing thread. I have stuck with 3 for 3 years but i have had enough of them. The dropped calls mystery has never been answered. They cant understand what warning you get when leaving planet 3, not to mention to disable it! Ofcourse they do have pro's but what network doesnt!

On the N96 i would be shocked if they have it in october, it was at least 6 months before they had the N95. They did abandon the 8GB to focus on the n96 so maybe i will be shocked, probably shocked by the price to, considering the n95 is €249 still, thats €200 extra than other networks.

N95 was late because it kept failing network tests not because 3 were late getting it. 3 had 6500 slide before any other network, c902 before any other network, k770 before voda and k660 before o2. I had the dropped calls issue too and turned out to be a voda roaming problem not a 3 problem. Yes the warning page is annoying (i still get it after many calls) but if thats your biggest gripe them they must really have come along a long way since this time last year when their mobile broadband (on their phones) went belly up (and now works problem free for me).

the N96 wouldn't look out of place among this bunch..

http://apps.three.com.hk/website/template?pageid=32000&lang=eng

Can't be to far away...

who goes with a network for the phones anyway? better just buying one in case you want to leave so they don't have you by the balls. i know i want to leave as soon as something better / similar comes along from the other networks.

towel401 wrote: »
    who goes with a network for the phones anyway? .

I do, at least I know when I buy a genuine 3 phone everthing will work straight out of the box, eg, skype, msn messenger, sling, orb, you tube, msn messanger, mobicast, poker......It's so much easier to have everthing pre loaded than running around trying to get settings and running into problems.......if I was on any other network I wouldn't mind but i've an all signing all dancing sim card so I need a phone to match it.....

Towel401 many people will change operators if their current one does not have a particular handset they are looking for. Also got some info which may surprise some earlier posters. Mobile phones account for 70% of 3 new connections so obviously they are doing something right and giving a lot me the public what they are looking for. Also ports into the network from other networks since the launch of the new pre pay offer are up 40% on last month and with a whole new range of phones next month things are only gonna get better for 3............now 3 can i have my pay cheque lol:D

davton wrote: »
    :D it wasnt meant to be another 3 basing thread.

Course this was supposed to be another 3 bashing thread. Your title says it all "or so they say". Do you really think they are lying, get real. Also why were you stuck with them for 3yrs did you sign a 36 month contract??? Are you disappointed not everyone else joined you in your attempted bashing. 3 are not perfect but show me a network which is. Look at meteor now, change criteria for upgrades leaving many unhappy customers, few internet add on not worth a ****, voda still a rip off on matter what, o2 crap coverage and website always down.....need I continue?

• Advertisement
Advertisement